Eastern Arc Dish and 6 Receivers - Tech on site!

tjssixx

Original poster
May 8, 2009
Trinity, NC
I currently have a Dish 500 (110/119) and a single (61.5) connected to a 44 Switch I have 4 receivers hooked to the Switch - 722, 211, and (2) 612(s). I'm not seeing the new HD channels added this year, so I called and Dish stated I need the Eastern Arc. I also wanted to add (2) HD Solos and the Dish tech is here now to do the work. He's saying I will need (2) Eastern Arc dish(s) installed to feed the 6 receivers because the eastern arc has a switch built in. Is this true or is there another way?

You can run the 1000.4 to a DPP44 and then trunk to a DPP33 or DPP44.

The DPP44 is approved to attach straight to the 1000.4. It will deactivate the internal switch.

You can run the 1000.4 to a DPP44 and then trunk to a DPP33 or DPP44.

The DPP44 is approved to attach straight to the 1000.4. It will deactivate the internal switch.
Occasionally this will cause conflicts with the switch, hence the tech recommending 2 antennas. Never hurts to give it a shot.

I currently have a Dish 500 (110/119) and a single (61.5) connected to a 44 Switch I have 4 receivers hooked to the Switch - 722, 211, and (2) 612(s). I'm not seeing the new HD channels added this year, so I called and Dish stated I need the Eastern Arc. I also wanted to add (2) HD Solos and the Dish tech is here now to do the work. He's saying I will need (2) Eastern Arc dish(s) installed to feed the 6 receivers because the eastern arc has a switch built in. Is this true or is there another way?

It can work, but it isn't recommended.
The LNB array is not recommended for connection to a DPP44
I I were you, do the two dishes.

Ignore the doom and gloom. It works just fine as long as you have the switch hooked up in the right order (port one on the LNB to port one on the switch, 2 to 2, ect.).

Ignore the doom and gloom. It works just fine as long as you have the switch hooked up in the right order (port one on the LNB to port one on the switch, 2 to 2, ect.).
Doom and gloom?
Get a grip.....
Do you really think we would lie to this guy to get some sort of sick satisfaction?

Been out of town due to soccer tournaments with my kids, but I now have (2) EA dishes installed running my (6) receivers. With this setup, at least if (1) unit goes out, I will still have a backup! It's really no different than having the (2) dishes before. My wife didn't freak out over the (2) dishes like I thought, so life is good!

Been out of town due to soccer tournaments with my kids, but I now have (2) EA dishes installed running my (6) receivers. With this setup, at least if (1) unit goes out, I will still have a backup! It's really no different than having the (2) dishes before. My wife didn't freak out over the (2) dishes like I thought, so life is good!

you'll be satisfied with the performance of your system.

I agree with dishnet_tec. why were people here saying the 1000.4 EA dish does not work with the DPP44(s)? That is the only switch that it is supposed to be hooked to it as far as I know.......

I agree with dishnet_tec. why were people here saying the 1000.4 EA dish does not work with the DPP44(s)? That is the only switch that it is supposed to be hooked to it as far as I know.......
No one said it would not work. We stated it was not recomended.
In soem instances, Dish recomends DPP LNBS (Found in both 1000.2 and 1000.4 Dish kits) not be used with DPP 44 switches. However, these have been used with the switches wihtout problems.
Now, there are instances where the DPP 44 has issues. THe power inserter is a main source of those issues. These items tend to fail usually within 2-3 years of instal. Sometimes less than that.
With a two dish solution, not only does the user have a great deal of flexibility, but also no worries about the switch or power inserter failing.
This is a done deal. The OP has two dishes and is happy with that.

Yep..it's a done deal. OP has two EA dishes and is happy, that's all that matters. Personally, as a customer I want as little external equipment installed as necessary. As an installer, I want to install as little equipment as necessary. Less holes, less poles. Hence, as the Eastern Arc Antenna Installation instructions specify, a DPP 44 switch is recommended for installs consisting of more than 3 receivers and works fine. Page 11 -

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/...ern_Arc_Antenna_Installation_Instructions.pdf

Yep..it's a done deal. OP has two EA dishes and is happy, that's all that matters. Personally, as a customer I want as little external equipment installed as necessary. As an installer, I want to install as little equipment as necessary. Less holes, less poles. Hence, as the Eastern Arc Antenna Installation instructions specify, a DPP 44 switch is recommended for installs consisting of more than 3 receivers and works fine. Page 11 -

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/...ern_Arc_Antenna_Installation_Instructions.pdf

fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)