Eastern Arc Dish Problems

PhilAce

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
Columbia, MO
I just got my 1000.4 installed on Wed. Ever since then, when my receiver looks for updates or is resetting, a message pops up on my screen saying that a USB device is connected. Also when I wake up in the morning and turn on my system, the screen shows the acquiring satellite signal even though the update takes place at the default time. To get it to show a picture and go back to normal I have to go to the check switch screen and select the transponder that has my locals on it. Once I do that I exit back to the acquiring sat screen and it goes on in a few minutes. However, when the picture shows up, if I tune to one of my locals I get the 004 error. I have to go back to the check switch screen and lock in on the signal. All is fine after that. I can access my external hard drive and everything. Does anybody have an idea what is going on? I never had any problems like this with my 1000.2.:confused:

BTW, all of my signal strengths are normal according to what others have reported.

I just reset it again. It is stuck on the acquiring satellite signal screen. Satellite: 61.5, Transponder: 3, Progress: 0 of 5.

Call for service. Could be bad LNB or alignment or receiver. Did it ever work right?

Same Here...

I have a 622 and switched to the Eastern Arc due to LOS problems with 110/119. I have the new smart card installed.

When ever I turn my TV on after the receiver enters sleep mode it comes up with the acquiring satellite message. I also get the USB device message when I reboot the system.

I am going to try turning off standby as a temporary fix.

Any insight?

Oddly enough I had a tough time with the install that I traced down to a worn coax. The install now has fresh Quad Shield RG6. I ran two lines from the lbnf. For what its worth I have the same problem with two lines to the receiver or with one line and the splitter.

HELP! :)

Actually, all I have to do is turn the receiver off and then back on (power button) and then the acquiring sat. starts as normal. I have set my daily updates to coincide with a daily recording as a temp. bypass of this glitch. I did a tech chat at Dish and they seem to think it is a software problem b/c it is so easy to temp. fix. I just don't want to spend money on another LNB. I will wait to see if there will be a new software update soon to take care of this. I am going to do another tech chat this week to see if they have any updates on the problems I reported.

I have noticed different channels from different satellites having an issue with blanking out or signal issues and when I hit the GUIDE button the channel comes right back. I also think this is a software issue. I've not seen an issue with my recordings and it has not done it to me again in a while. My guess is that there is a combination of things going on triggering this.

I have noticed different channels from different satellites having an issue with blanking out or signal issues and when I hit the GUIDE button the channel comes right back. I also think this is a software issue. I've not seen an issue with my recordings and it has not done it to me again in a while. My guess is that there is a combination of things going on triggering this.

I have had this issue... It happens for awhile then it goes away. Have never figured it out. (722 on western arch)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts