eastern arc in cincinnati

There is no additional cost to get locals in HD if you already have the local channels. But you will need an additional Dish 500 to get the channels or try to get them to install the Dish 1000.4 And you will have to deal with the idiots removing your local SD channels until the work order is completed. I have gone through a nightmare with Dish, hours on the phone, going to the top to get my locals back on until the work order is completed. Seems they want to remove your SD locals when they place the work order to install the dish to get the locals in HD.

That wouldn't really be a problem for me since I usually only watch locals on OTA Now anyway, the SD Locals are only emergency backup when I have a programming conflict.

My main concern is this silliness that I have to pay or extend my contract to get a dish for programming that I am already paying for and that anyone who signed up in the last month gets for free. I can't fathom it.

Just to make sure, I opened a chat session with Dish and asked what date the work was scheduled for, and was told it was a dish 1000.4 install, pointed to the EA satellites. My appointment is scheduled for 1/29, we will see what actually happens!
I would suggest you contact the installers the day before your appointment to be sure they have the proper work order. The idiots at DN deleted my correct work order when they made a mess of things deleting my local SD channels. I was suppose to get my 1000.4 dish installed today, but since the work order was wrong, the guy didn't have the dish 1000.4 on his truck. So now I have to reschedule for next Friday. We are not even contacting DN as we both know someone there will screw things up again!

My appointment is scheduled for 1/29, we will see what actually happens!
Your appointment still set for 1/29? With this snow and ice storm today into tomorrow, the installers told me they were calling all day to reschedule everyone. I called them to cancel Friday and hope for Saturday but highly doubt that with 1/2" ice predicted tonight!

Your appointment still set for 1/29? With this snow and ice storm today into tomorrow, the installers told me they were calling all day to reschedule everyone. I called them to cancel Friday and hope for Saturday but highly doubt that with 1/2" ice predicted tonight!

Well the dish tech kept the appointment! I was his last appointment for the day. He had a strange work order, as it had every type of dish possible on it. :confused: He asked me what I was wanting to have done, and I told him a 1000.4 dish pointed to EA sats since my HD locals are on EA and I did not want a wing dish.

He took a look and determined that the dish would need to go on the roof, and asked if the dish could go on a pole temporarily since the roof was covered with snow and ice. He would come back later after the ice and snow melted and move the dish to the roof. I agreed to this, and he went out to his truck and found that he did not have a 1000.4 dish! :mad: He said that he had a dish 500 and offered to put it on a pole temporarily to pick up the HD locals off of 77. I agreed since he would have to come back anyway.

So, I am running off of the 1000.2 still with a wing dish pointed to 77, and when things thaw out I'll end up on a 1000.4 dish pointed to EA. :up

He had a strange work order, as it had every type of dish possible on it. :confused: He asked me what I was wanting to have done, and I told him a 1000.4 dish pointed to EA sats since my HD locals are on EA and I did not want a wing dish.
:up
DN generated about 15 work orders for me. The installers spent 3 hours on the phone with Dish getting things right. Then they deleted the wrong work order so the guy didn't have the 1000.4 dish on his truck. I have changed and rescheduled my set up at least 5 times now. Getting tired of this and not having my locals in HD. DN customer service is the absolute pits any more.

I don't know if you have tried an antenna to get HD locals. I get all the Cinci locals in HD (5, 9, 12, 19) including 64, 48, 14 and 54 (except in bad weather) with a simple amplified rabbit ear antenna. I also get channels 2 and 7 from Dayton perfectly, and Channels 16, 22 and 45 occasionally. I also get WBQC/WKRP/WOTH/Skyline (channel 47 LD) and channel 43 which had 5 SD program streams.

With Dish's HD from the satellite you get 5, 9 and 19 only. An antenna is a great alternative unless you are out in the boonies (bracken Co, Adams Co, Pendalton Co, Switzerland Co.)

See ya
Tony

With Dish's HD from the satellite you get 5, 9 and 19 only. An antenna is a great alternative unless you are out in the boonies (bracken Co, Adams Co, Pendalton Co, Switzerland Co.)

See ya
Tony

We have an outdoor antenna (about 25 years old, used before satellite was avaiulable) and can only get channel 9 in HD. But we do live in the boonies, Ohio County. Wonder if the amplified rabbit ear as you mentioned would be better. We would like to get rid of the outdoor antenna since it doesn't do much good.

We have an outdoor antenna (about 25 years old, used before satellite was avaiulable) and can only get channel 9 in HD. But we do live in the boonies, Ohio County. Wonder if the amplified rabbit ear as you mentioned would be better. We would like to get rid of the outdoor antenna since it doesn't do much good.
Must be a VHF antenna since that it what 9 broadcasts in. All the others are UHF. I use a terk HDTV0 amplified outdoor and get all cincinnati and dayton locals with 100% signal strength.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)