eastern arc problems

hptsguy

Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
we've had service calls everyday on recievers hooked up to the new 1000.4 dishes. the problem is they work fine then on the 015 screen they get stuck on 4 of 5 and then kick back to 0 or 2 and start again. i have tried everything from replacing the lnbf, peaking the dish with my superbuddy, replacing the seperators and finally the reciever itself. all the other techs at my shop have had the same problems. i have at least 1-2 services calls a day with people having the exact same problems. when i replace the reciever it will work but then eventually does it again. we have tried everything possible yet noone can figure out the problem more less the solution. personally i believe it is a software glitch. it only happens on the eastern arc dishes never on the 1000.2 . if anyone has encountered this problem or has a solution for us please let us know cause we are clueless and dish has said they are unaware of any issues yet we have called and reported this problem numerous times.

also if u unplug the reciever sometimes it will count thru to 5 with no problem. but when turned off and back on it does it again. and this has happened to the 722, 222, and 211k recievers. i have literally tried everything and like i said this is a everyday thing lately.

Eastern Arc

I have been using the 1000.4 dish for two months. Receivers are the 211K and 612. I have had none of the problems you have posted. Actually had to do very few reboots but have not experienced any hang ups on the 1-5 screen acquiring sat.

we've had service calls everyday on recievers hooked up to the new 1000.4 dishes. the problem is they work fine then on the 015 screen they get stuck on 4 of 5 and then kick back to 0 or 2 and start again. i have tried everything from replacing the lnbf, peaking the dish with my superbuddy, replacing the seperators and finally the reciever itself. all the other techs at my shop have had the same problems. i have at least 1-2 services calls a day with people having the exact same problems. when i replace the reciever it will work but then eventually does it again. we have tried everything possible yet noone can figure out the problem more less the solution. personally i believe it is a software glitch. it only happens on the eastern arc dishes never on the 1000.2 . if anyone has encountered this problem or has a solution for us please let us know cause we are clueless and dish has said they are unaware of any issues yet we have called and reported this problem numerous times.
check to make sure the recivers you have in stock are eastern arc compatible. The label has an "A" within a circle on the label. Also check with your inventory people to make sure the part number, not the model number, for the receivers matches with the eastern arc compatible receiver part numbers. Also have your management get uin touchwiht the nearest DNS office and ask for asistance. You guys can't keep going out and creating trouble calls for yourselves. If you're a retailer, you'll put yourself out of business. Get assistance..quick!!!

also if u unplug the reciever sometimes it will count thru to 5 with no problem. but when turned off and back on it does it again. and this has happened to the 722, 222, and 211k recievers. i have literally tried everything and like i said this is a everyday thing lately.
Are you absolutely sure this is occurring with the 211k receivers as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts