Eastern Arc question

scream_stereo_scream

Original poster
May 9, 2007
Here in the St. Louis marked dish has been pushing the eastern arc for all new installs...I've had a particularly difficult time with this as 95% of new installs don't have HDTV's in the area I'm in. My question is when I hook up a 222 or 622 to a sd tv using the rca cables I cannot get the HD channels to fill the entire screen, is there any way around this without the need of installing a wing dish for the 110 sd locals. or a 1000plus????

my sister has a SD TV with a 722. I just hit the format button (*) a couple times and the picture is fine.

I noticed the "stretchovision" feature does not work on my 222k TV 1. It is hooked using the SD (edit: composite) cables.
TV 2 works using the coax output.

Last edited:
The TV2 output actually can be set to run both TV1 and TV2 at the same time, just go to your modulator screen (menu 6-1-5). Just throw on a splitter before you send it off to TV2.

hey scream a off topic question for you....on one the 5% installations you did with HD, did anyone have OTA antenna installed and if so did the OTA locals show up in the guide with actual schedule and not "Digital Channel"? I'n concerned with eastern arc 1000.4 install.
I've heard that the STL SD locals are on 110 and thats where the OTA guide gets its info from. And with eastern arc, you don't get 110.

Can't remember exactly, but when you hit the * (format) button, you then have to hit the page up button (I think) to switch to the sd zoom mode. It says what button to hit after you hit the format button. There is an hd format and an SD format. This is different than the 622/722 which does it all by just hitting the format button.

I have been dealing with the same problem here in the Detroit market. They are pushing the EA hardcore. As far as the problem with the picture filling up the whole screen, I went into the HDTV setup menu on a 722 where it wasn't filling up the whole screen and switched it from the default 480p to 480i and the problem disappeared. The screen was full on a non HDTV. However, I haven't been able to try this on a 222 or 622 yet. Hopefully it works for those too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts