Eastern Arc Spotbeams

dbonney

Original poster
May 29, 2008
I am on the eastern arc satellite. I have two 622's at home and two 211's in my RV. The RV is in a campground about 150 miles north of my homw which is in the Harrisburg, PA area. I have not been able to get local stations on the eastern arc at the RV location and connot get networks from All American Direct because a mountain of trees is in the way of satellite 110 and 119. I appoached a Dish Network dealer in the area where we have the RV, to see if I could set up a Permanent disk somewhere in the campground which would be able to receive satellite 110 or 119, so I could get networks. He advised me we should bve able gto get our locals in this area. He called Dish and was told there is a problem with the spotbeam on the Eastern Arc (satellite 77, I believe) which dish hopes to correct. However, they could not give him any time frame for this. Therefore, I'm holding off trying to install a permanent dish until the spring.

I was unaware of any problems with the spotbeam, since I have no promblem receiving my locals (sd & HD) at my home.

Have any of you been aware of the problem with spotbeams on the eastern arc satellite?

Not sure about signal strength on TP 1 and I won't be back to Rv until Friday. However, I seem to be receiving most if not all other channels from 77. I'll check the signal strength on Friday.

Are your receivers in the RV subscribed at the same address as the one at home? Because if not, that is, if they're subscribed for 150 miles north of Harrisburg, they're certainly not in the Harrisburg DMA, and if they're in the Scranton DMA then the spotbeam (from 61.5, not 77) that carries the HD locals and the minor SD locals may very well not reach that area, and you would need 110 (or 119, I don't remember) for all the SD locals and wouldn't be able to get HD locals at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)