Eastern Arc?

That explains why I don't see the my SD locals. Why doesn't Dish to that with all the HD channels? No need for EA customers to get both SD and HD for all channels.

in alot of cases they already do that
The locals that Dish carries in HD are in HD...the rest are in MPEG4 SD only

Sponsored Links​

Hi there, I saw your site the other day regarding the new hd channels that were put on to 129/72.7 and not 61.5 i called dish today to have them come out and install the eastern arc here in southern maine. (So far easy right) Well
my issue is that I have All american direct hd locals from 110 and the portland standard locals from 110. Will they be able to hook up my system so that I can still access my programming of locals and distants from the 110 sat?

(My setup hopefully will be 77, 72.7, 61.5, 110)
I really need help with this question.

Thanks, Armand

Responded to your post in another thread. I have the same setup and it works just fine. I had AAD networks for about a month and had no problem with my eastern arc dish + side sat for 110.

That explains why I don't see the my SD locals. Why doesn't Dish to that with all the HD channels? No need for EA customers to get both SD and HD for all channels.
That is a good question indeed. Talk about a waste of bandwidth. For example why would anyone watch NatGeo in SD with a ViP receiver, unless they selected it by mistake and didn't know any better? The only ones who *should* want to watch it would be using receivers that can't get it since it's MPEG4-SD.

(hint: i know one possible reason, i mentioned it in another thread recently)

I know the main reason behind is the spotbeams on 61.5 don't have the space to carry the SD ones too and they have plenty of national bandwidth on EA.

The reason why they don't do it on the nationals is people would get the HD channels for free when they ordered a SD setup and got setup as EA with MPEG4 receivers. If they were hard up for bandwidth on nationals on EA, I bet they would figure out a way to force the firmware to only output 480p when the customer was not paying for HD, but then that would piss some of the OTA people off. They could make the firmware only output 480p when on national channels but then you'd have the resolutions flipping....and the mess continues.

I am in a real pickle. I have three 510 DVR's that my family uses. I am the only one with a HD set and a 612 DVR so I can't upgrade to the EA for nothing.
Other than aesthetics, what would keep you from just leaving everything alone and just add an EA dish run directly to your receiver, with the others still as they are now? "a big dish farm is a happy dish farm" :D

I am in a real pickle. I have three 510 DVR's that my family uses. I am the only one with a HD set and a 612 DVR so I can't upgrade to the EA for nothing.

You could always install a second dish for eastern arc just for the 612 and keep the dish 500 for the other three 510 receivers. Two separate installs to the same house : eastern arc for the 612 and western arc for the 510s.

Other than aesthetics, what would keep you from just leaving everything alone and just add an EA dish run directly to your receiver, with the others still as they are now? "a big dish farm is a happy dish farm" :D

I've got a dish farm out back of my house too. A dish 1000.2 sat dish with an lnb adapter for just 110 on one pole. A eastern arc dish on the second pole and the third pole is currently empty , but I did have a directv slim line dish on that one, before the 2008 Hurricane Ike.

No switch , just a 1000.4 sat dish + side sat for 110.

I have the 1000.4 dish I wanted to add the single large lnb/dish pointed to 129. I thought I needed the switch OR is there an input in the 1000.4 LNB head.. I asked this on another post.
I dont want to buy the DP44 and run separate lines from each LNB.

I dont get the new HD channels that are on 129. I need 61.5 for local HD

OK I found the correct answer on the tech forum - as I said on another post.. I should read more before I post.
Will hook 129 wing into the 1000.4 lnb/switch input when it warms up
Then have the 4 sats on check switch. That should insure I get all the HD I am paying for and my local HD
Thanks

In reading the ...

No switch , just a 1000.4 sat dish + side sat for 110.

In reading the install manual for the 1000.4 it seems to say that the max distance for a "input" LNBF is 80 feet? I would be at about 100 feet and therefore probably will have to go with a DPP44.
Mike, my real question from earlier is: can I take just the 110 port from my existing dish 500 pointed to 110/119 (dp lnbf) and feed it into the dpp44?? Currently two cables come off it to a 34 switch.. What I'm not sure of is whether both sats are on each cable or is 110 on one and 119 on the other cable. I had replaced the old legacy lnbf on the dish 500 with a DP lnbf a number of years ago but kept the same two cables going to the 34 switch..
Thanks, Gerry

Sorry I don't have any experience with the switches. I haven't had one since the dp21 that DISH used when they installed my legacy equipment back in 97. I have since upgraded my dishes when I wanted to and installed myself :dish pro plus twin, then the dish 1000.2 and now the dish 1000.4 sat dish. I have my 1000.4 sat dish on a pole and a few feet away my dish for 110 . It is run into my 1000.4 in the in port. The dish for 110 uses a single dish pro lnb. Why can't you move the dish 500 closer to the eastern arc dish?

Do to ...

Sorry I don't have any experience with the switches. I haven't had one since the dp21 that DISH used when they installed my legacy equipment back in 97. I have since upgraded my dishes when I wanted to and installed myself :dish pro plus twin, then the dish 1000.2 and now the dish 1000.4 sat dish. I have my 1000.4 sat dish on a pole and a few feet away my dish for 110 . It is run into my 1000.4 in the in port. The dish for 110 uses a single dish pro lnb. Why can't you move the dish 500 closer to the eastern arc dish?

Due to trees/bushes etc. my 61.5 is mounted to the deck on the end of the house and my 110/119 is mounted to deck on front of house. Not possible to get all from one location or the other.
I can clearly get 61.5/72.7/77 from where the 61.5 dish is now.
I did a test this afternoon and disconnected the lead that I thought was the 119 sat lead from the dish500 at the input of the dp34. I then ran a check switch and it showed me only having 110 from that dish. Now I know which lead to use on the input of the dpp44 switch.
Ordered 1000.4 and dpp44 on thursday. They are enroute now. Just need to buy some 50' rg6 cables and drill some more holes in the house :D.
Gerry

They are doing that. I called yesterday and they said they can install a EA dish for my 612 while leaving the other three 510's on the Dish 500. I hope they are not pulling my leg and come Tuesday I find out that they can't do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts