Eastern Arch and DPP 44 Switches

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I had an installer at my house the other day troubleshooting a signal issue. I had an DPP 44 switch in conjunction with my EA dish. He took the 44 switch out of line and barreled the connections saying that the switch in the LNB and the 44 switch was working against each other. I had never heard of this (the guy was a DNS tech) but ok, Ill go with it. I asked him about upgrading to another 211 and he said that he would have to change me to WA in order to upgrade saying I was at my limit for EA.

I currently have a 722K w/ 2 211's. Now I want to stay on EA and get upgraded to another 211 (moms moving in with me) Im assuming that they would have to use a 44 switch or a dpp 33 swich. So I ask was the installer wrong? And what switches in conjunction with an EA dish can work and work well for 5+ tuners.. Thanks

That was my initial thought, I think I have a bad LNB that goes out when ever it gets really cold outside. Now that its been warm the LNB is fine. The issue returned when the 44 switch was out of line. That tells me that the switch is good. I think Ill be fine, if I put it back into the system.

I just upgraded to ea using 2 44s running to 2 622s, 2 222ks, and a 211.. No problem. Power inserter on each switch was necessary. Yes, 9 total tuners running off the 1000.4 dish with no issues. Love it.

standard training in dns is not to use an integrated switch with an external one, and this is generally very good advice, otherwise you get techs screwing up all over the place with dpp twin+dp34 or dpp twin+dpp33 or other combinations that will not work. if you read the manual for the EA lnb it clearly states that it will work with a 44 switch. besides there is no other choice as there is no bracket to use duals with that dish (that i know of). dpp 44 works with just fine with dp dual, dpp twin, dpp 1k2, and dpp 1k4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)