Eastern vs Western arc

dsurette

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
Ooltewah, TN
I have a 1000.2 dish with a 1000.2 triple lnb that we use in a motorhome. We recently got the Hopper system for home use and added a 211Z receiver for the motorhome. The person that installed the Hopper installed a new dish and switched us to the Eastern arc. My question is what to do with the 1000.2 dish and lnb that I use in the MH. Do I have to get new 1k.4 equipment or just a new 1k.4 lnb? Or is it possible that I can still get programming from the Western arc with my 1k.2 dish? Thanks for any help you can give me.

OK to stick with using as you always have. Just run a check switch each time you move from one antenna to the other.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If you only use the 211z in the motor home then you shouldn't need to change what you are doing at all. As navychop stated you would need to run a check switch if you move from one dish to the other but that would be the only issue.

Thanks for the quick replies. So the folks at Dish did not make changes where I could only use Eastern arc. Is that correct? My 211Z will be able to receive any Dish satellite as long as I have the correct LNB?

The receiver only knows which channels you should receive. Some locals are on both EA and WA, and those persons can use either arc and the receiver doesn't care. Your regular satellite channels will work off both arcs, only locals would be effected and then only if they are not on both arcs. The receiver does not care where the signal originates.

Yes, any programming you are authorized to get can come from any satellite it is on. At my Ct home I have both arcs and on the same receiver most channels come from the Eastern Arc, but for whatever reason some channels especially the main HBO channel and USA come from the Western Arc often.

You'll do fine with the 211z with either the 1K.2, 1K.4, EA.2 or WA.4.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)