Easy 522 Questions - Maybe

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheMachineRNC

Original poster
Nov 26, 2004
Hi,

I've got a 522 and use it in dual mode between 2 sets. On set #2, I'll be watching a program and suddently the screen acts as if the info button was pressed and the synopsis of the current program is displayed. I'm sure a button isn't being pressed. Other neighbors have Dish Network also. Could a button they are pressing be registering on my reciever? Does this happen to anyone else?

Also, what's the green R button on the 522 remotes?

Also, when I subscribed with that 4 rooms no cost promotion, and I have 3 sets. Should they have given me (2) 522's and (1) 310 or were they right to give me (1) 522 split between 2 sets and (1) 310 on 2 set.

Thanks!

Set #2 is UHF and is controllable up to 200 feet so thats probably why its being changed channels. Your probably changing his channels and functions too. You may want to talk to him and ask him if his is doing some weird things on tuner 2 as well.

You can change your remote address to solve the problem. Go to the system information screen by pressing >MENU >6 >1 >3 then hold down the >SAT mode button until all of the other remote buttons light up. After that enter in a number such as 5 into the remote while the SAT mode button at the top is flashing. Then press the ># button at the bottom and the SAT mode button should flash three times. Press the red >RECORD button. Look at the system info screen to see if the remote address listed has changed to the number you have entered.

The gree R button is a reset button which is there in case you press some wrong buttons and your tv channel gets on the wrong channel and so forth and you cant get things back to channel 3 and so forth to watch tv again.

If you signed up for four rooms unter the DHA promotion for $50 upfront and $50 off your first bill then you should have been given (1) 522 as you obviously appear to have that contains two tuners for two tv's and (1) 322 receiver which has two tuners as well for two tv outputs. The 311 only has one tv output so if they gave you a 311 instead of a 322 then they messed up and gave you the wrong receiver. Call the company you got the system from and tell them the situation. If it has been longer than three days since activation/installation then your out of luck unless you contact ceo@dishnetwork.com to tell them that the company you bought the system from made a mistake and you are out of your 3 day grace period for exchanging for a different receiver. Do NOT email ceo@dishnetwork about the issue unless you have contacted the original retailer you have went through without any success.

reddice said:
Might switch back in March to Dish Network and do they install DP44 switches with that adapter to new installations. I will have duel tuning and 3 single tuning install.

I dont think they use DPP44 switches in most installed yet. They also have a new DPP LNB that does that same thing as the switch ( I do believe).

Thanks

Thanks for the help. The info box only pops up on the odd occasion. I printed out your answer and will give it a go if it becomes a problem.

I signed up for 3 rooms, so that cleared up my question regarding the 522. Just wanted to make sure the deal meant splitting it between 2 rooms. I love being able to use the DVR on 2 TV's at once.

I love the whole system. Way better than Adelphia digital cable.

My next purchase is for a DVD Recorder. Then the 522 will make the VCR useless.

The 522 is meant for two seperate rooms to watch two different things at the same time with DVR functionality in both of those rooms while the 311 is just mean for one room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)