Easy to connect to DPP44? Do I understand it correctly?

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Right now I have a Dish 1000.4 LNBF (Eastern Arc) with three (3) RG6 cables connected.

I don't know which ports they are connected to on the LNB. However, each cable works when I plug it into a receiver. (ie. the receiver always sees all three satellites)

If I want to connect a DPP44, could I just connect the three existing RG6 lines into the DPP44 and use any input port?

My goal is to allow for four receivers instead of the three provided by the LNB.

Thanks!

Right now I have a Dish 1000.4 LNBF (Eastern Arc) with three (3) RG6 cables connected.

I don't know which ports they are connected to on the LNB. However, each cable works when I plug it into a receiver. (ie. the receiver always sees all three satellites)

If I want to connect a DPP44, could I just connect the three existing RG6 lines into the DPP44 and use any input port?

My goal is to allow for four receivers instead of the three provided by the LNB.

Thanks!
I found these instructions for you. The power inserter should be connected to the Port 1 output.
Eastern Arc—Connecting the DPP 1000.4 Eastern Arc LNBF to a DPP44
Switch
The DPP 1000.4 Eastern Arc LNBF can be connected to provide 61.5ºW, 72.7ºW, and 77ºW satellite
signals to a DISH Pro Plus 44 switch. Refer to the instructions provided with the switch for
additional considerations and instructions. Signal for a fourth satellite location must be provided
directly from the fourth satellite location’s LNBF to the DPP switch (see Figure 11). The LNB IN port
on the DPP 1000.4 Eastern Arc LNBF must not be connected. In this installation, the DPP 1000.4
Eastern Arc LNBF defaults to the following settings:
PORT 1—77ºW
PORT 2—72.7ºW
PORT 3—61.5ºW
LNB IN—Disabled when DPP 1000.4 Eastern Arc LNBF is connected to a switch. When connected
to a switch, any LNBF connected to the LNB IN port must be disconnected from the DPP 1000.4
Eastern Arc LNBF and connected directly to that switch.
Note: The DPP 1000.4 Eastern Arc LNBF is NOT compatible with DISH Pro switches or the DISH
Pro Plus 33 Switch in any installation.

Thanks... I'm just not sure which RG6 cable is on port 1, 2, or 3 from the 1000.4 LNBF.

it won't matter, just connect them up and everything will be fine. Just make sure power injector is on receiver port 1 of the DP44.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts