Ebay 942 existing account?

bdemz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
I currently have a leased 942 and owned 921.

Can I ebay another used 942 and activate it?

I have the HD pak already?

Thanks

bdemz said:
I currently have a leased 942 and owned 921.

Can I ebay another used 942 and activate it?

I have the HD pak already?

Thanks

I have not done it myself, but others on here have and specifically told me they WERE able to activate a used 942. In each case, they were doing like you; adding it to their system in which they were already receiving the "old" HD pak and already had at least one HD receiver. So you should be good to go with your set-up.

Of course, you won't be able to receive any new Dish HD channels, but you already know that because you have a 942 and 921 already. And one of these days, supposedly all the Dish HD channels are going to go MPEG 4, so then the only HD we would be able to pick up with our 942's & 921's would be OTA. But that's next year's problem! Good luck!! :)

I also have a 921 with the old HD Pack and am waiting for my new 942 to get here. Shouldn't be any problems activating it as I've heard no one say Dish refused activation for existing HD customers.

To be honest (not trying to jack your thread), ive thought of doing the same, as 18months is just too much, and so is $650, atleast $300 for a OTA recorder, is a great deal imho!

I agree

I am not committing to 18 mo. either. And I do not want any more HD-Lite channels. Not to jazzed about anything new HD coming either.

If I can get an HD OTA recorder for about $300, should be fine.

I refuse to support the HD-Lite movement. Others say they cannot see the diff. I would ask they watch a version of OTA Lost then try to compare it to any VOOM lite crap.

:)

Yes, you will be able to activate the 942, and since you already have the HD pack, the new 942 will also recieve those channels.

I did just that about two weeks ago.

I called in to the charlie chat last night. I only got to speak to a customer service person but she sounded knowledgeable. My question was..... If I sell my 921/942/811/6000 to someone will Dish activate it and will they activate HD service to it. The answer I got was yes. However, the HD pak will be the new one since the original is now gone. They simply would not be able to see the MPEG4 channels just like we cant see them now and they would be paying the higher price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)