eBay may have been hacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Check your eBay accounts because eBay's critical data systems holding all personal and financial information has aparently been hacked and the hacker(s) have been posting all this info on one of the eBay forum boards including the 3 digit security code along with CC info. The boards that had contained this information have sense been brought down but from what I read there have been other area's that the info has been posted. I will post what links I can as soon as my wife sends them to me and I hope that its nothing more than a joke.

The last link lists the same old eBay phishing scams.

However, I am concerned about your first post. That may have been a real security breach of eBay's database. It doesn't look like it was done for profit, but only as a hacker prank. But, still, not good. A lot of eBay accounts are tied to PayPal accounts, which are tied to bank accounts.

Here is a video of the original posts that eBay has removed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q9m2iFsz9M

I've been aware of the phishing and all the others for a long time, I have one area that I paruse frequently and can always spot the double logger because he/she has the same type of pic in the posting ( nude ) and when you click on it it will within a second redirect to a fake site that prompts you to log in to verify your account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts