Ebay Seller needs my DN account # ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Biomed

Original poster
Dec 27, 2009
Florida's west coast
I'm looking at purchasing a vip 222 form an Ebay seller, item #170449057882. (Its a good deal so they will probably be gone when I get this question answered) I questioned him because his feedback is private, no location listed and he wants my DN account #. I asked him why and he responded with:

1. - we have to keep info for all the receivers that we sell.
2. - we are selling receivers at retailer price, the MSRP is $149.99
3. - we must be sure that the receiver is activated as an additional receiver in your account in order to get paid (we just make $30 for additional receivers) not much but it help a little with this economy.
4. - if you activate this receiver as a replacement we don't get paid, so would not make any money and we have to paid fees to Ebay, PayPal and UPS.

What dod you think? I want to replace a Legacy receiver to upgrade to HDTV. It seems like this guy want's to take credit for my account?

Normal??

Call dish and ask them if this sound's right.

"1. - we have to keep info for all the receivers that we sell.
3. - we must be sure that the receiver is activated as an additional receiver in your account in order to get paid (we just make $30 for additional receivers) not much but it help a little with this economy.
4. - if you activate this receiver as a replacement we don't get paid, so would not make any money and we have to paid fees to Ebay, PayPal and UPS."

I think it is time to give DishStore.net a call and order a receiver from them. Claude shows that the 222K is $119 on the website.

BTW the sellers feedback is not private. I was able to see the feedback and comments for the item you listed.

Feedback

I'm looking at purchasing a vip 222 form an Ebay seller, item #170449057882. (Its a good deal so they will probably be gone when I get this question answered) I questioned him because his feedback is private, no location listed and he wants my DN account #. I asked him why and he responded with:

1. - we have to keep info for all the receivers that we sell.
4. - if you activate this receiver as a replacement we don't get paid, so would not make any money and we have to paid fees to Ebay, PayPal and UPS.

What dod you think? I want to replace a Legacy receiver to upgrade to HDTV. It seems like this guy want's to take credit for my account?

Normal??

His feedback isn't private I able to just look at it. As far as buying E* equipment not sure about that and maybe a dealer can answer the questions you asking on him. I can possibly see why he needs the info to keep from getting charged back. Now the thing is you are going to need more than just the receiver to upgrade to HD. Your legacy system isn't going to get you most of the HD channels. It will only be on 110/119. So you will need more than the 211. I'm leary about this whole deal though.

I've been at this Ebay game for a while. I've His feedback as a seller is Private or old. Anyways, I have purchased 2 211's from Quote "Authorized Resellers" and had no problems. This one caught me as suspicious. If it is not appropriate, I'd like to turn him into Ebay for fraudulent listing. DishStore.net sounds good at this point! Thanks ALL; Great response and suggestions!!

I am a DISH Network retailer. dish used to paid a commision for additional receivers (35 for single and 70 for dual tuner receivers) now they only paid 50, but the receiver has to be activated as an additional, if you activated as a replacement, the retailer won't make any money.
I think that he wants to make sure that he will get paid.

I am a DISH Network retailer. dish used to paid a commision for additional receivers (35 for single and 70 for dual tuner receivers) now they only paid 50, but the receiver has to be activated as an additional, if you activated as a replacement, the retailer won't make any money.
I think that he wants to make sure that he will get paid.

That might be true but he won't be able to do this on eBay. I will never give my account to anybody, let alone eBay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts