Echostar 14 - 119W Spotbeams (Not Launched)

Bradtothebone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 12, 2003
KC Area
Wow, VERY cool.........Thanks, Digiblur and Nelson61! Looks like this one will be a winner for sure (he says, drooling). :up

(You guys in Wichita, check out beam B9, and you'll be drooling, too! Looks like HD Locals for you are not that far off.)

Brad

Last edited:
Don't you mean 119? ;) I don't think they'll run all the beams either as they'll have to cut down on the number of CONUS transponders there.

Nice work, all.

Check out A3, Dish seems to "love" Washington, Oregon, and Idaho.

Although I am saddened that only 1 beam with 2 TPs seems to cover my neck of the woods in entirety.

I'm wondering if much of this is to back up E10. E7 currently uses 5 TPs for spots (1,3,5,7,9). What I read above is that this uses 12 TPs (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,13). So there are 7 more TPs for spot on E14 compared to E7. It looks like TPs 1-5 are reused 11-15 times, while TPs 6-13 only 6-9 times. Perhaps 1-5 will correspond the current 5 TPs, while the latter back up E10 (with E11 being able to take the CONUS load E14 would have to liberate). I haven't yet checked the geography of that theory.

????? Cuba??? I thought we could have no dealings with them....

If relations were ever normalized, I doubt Dish would want to wait for a sat launch to be able to provide services.

Maybe a dumb question, but why is it beam A and beam B... can they only use one set at a time or was it just for numbering purposes?

Maybe a dumb question, but why is it beam A and beam B... can they only use one set at a time or was it just for numbering purposes?

It is just the numbering process they used. And the bird is not designed to use all the transponders on all the beams. It's designed with flexibility in mind though.

A note: The filing indicates a launch window in Jan-Feb with service beginning March 1, 2010.

We should also note that the sat is heavy, beyond the capabilities of a Proton rocket from ILS at Baikonur. It is on the edge of the capabilities of the Sea Launch Zenit, but may be possible.

Other launch candidates include the European Space Agency Ariane 5 from Guiana, and the American Atlas V (which has not done a lot of commercial launches, though).

We should also note that the sat is heavy, beyond the capabilities of a Proton rocket from ILS at Baikonur. It is on the edge of the capabilities of the Sea Launch Zenit, but may be possible.

Other launch candidates include the European Space Agency Ariane 5 from Guiana, and the American Atlas V (which has not done a lot of commercial launches, though).

After looking at various launch schedules, I still think it is going on a Zenit by Sea Launch. Certainly there are capabilities concerns as well as engine supply issues with the Zenit but there is definitely room in the SeaLaunch schedule.

so what does this mean for spot beams. Is 129 just a holder right now for SB aka Denver's HD on TP4?

Hmmp!

Looks like the Texas panhandle got screwed on 119 also.

No spots on the new 129 sat and no spots on the new 119 satellite.

And 110 is full.

Yea! It covers all the snakes and coyotes.

Even Amarillo is not in the primary area, much less Lubbock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)