Echostar 15 and Transponders 23 and 24

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It looks like the FCC really screwed Dish on this one although if Dish were a little bit creative, they could get some use out of these TPs. For example, Dish could use them for Video on Demand, PPV or special event PPV such boxing or ultimate fighting matches. Another option would be HD RSNs since Dish currently only provides these for games although I know a lot of folks want full time HD RSNs. Certainly until Dish gains more TPs at 72.7 W from DirecTV, they could use these TPs in this way. Also I'm certain the folks in Puerto Rico would live with the provision of the STA to receive more of the HD channels now with the remote possibility of losing them in the distant future.

Now what company would build and launch a satellite to operate on just two channels? Typical gov't bureaucratic nonsense. What public interest is actually being served by keeping these two channels open?

No kidding. 30 days is nothing. Does the FCC expect somebody else to launch a sat to 61.5 and start using those frequencies?

And what E12 transponders have failed? I must have missed that event, if indeed that comment is correct.

Now what company would build and launch a satellite to operate on just two channels? Typical gov't bureaucratic nonsense. What public interest is actually being served by keeping these two channels open?

I have to agree with you. The FCC should let Dish use them without the customer notification clause until and if the FCC decides how the licenses for these two TPs are awarded. I could see when there was other companies that held licenses at 61.5 W but under todays situation, the FCC's position makes no sense and results in the under utilization of these TPs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts