EchoStar 5 HD footprint in Mexico

MexicoPete

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
seattle
I live some 800 miles south, south west of Laredo, Texas at 20 N Lat by 103 W Lon. on the shores of Lake Chapala, south of Guadalajara, Mexico. There must be 100,000 US and Canadian Citizens in our state of Jalisco and many of us get our English programming from DISH. The trouble is, these Ku footprints get a little weak by the time they reach this far south. In fact to ensure a good signal from 110 W, you need a 6 foot dish and at 119 W, a 4 foot dish.

The Voom signals that reached us from 61.5 W. were so weak, that it didn't make much sense to even try picking them up. (And at my summer residence in the Foothills of WA state, the bird was below the horizon). DOES ANYONE know where footprint info or maps can be found on EchoStar 5? I sure would like to know how easy it will be to get those Voom HD signals from EchoStar 5 in my part of Mexico.

Between DISH, 4DTV, & Star Choice, there are all kinds HD programs available out there even here in Mexico where I get 3 of my Seattle network stations in HD (Canadian Star Choice)

I am trying to establish which system to go with in Cabo San Lucas. Direct TV, according to the local tech, has changed the signal so that it is not available here anymore. I am not sure about DISH. If I bring my box registered in the states, can I get enough signal here and will they system work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts