EchoStar Adds EuroNews to DISH Network(TM) Digital Satellite Platform

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
EchoStar Adds EuroNews to DISH Network(TM) Digital Satellite Platform

Thursday November 30, 9:27 am ET

Europe's Most-Watched International News Channel Available on Seven Tiers

PARIS & ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--EchoStar Communications Corp. (NASDAQ: DISH - News) and EuroNews, Europe's most-watched international news channel, today announced that EchoStar will carry the channel on its DISH Network(TM) digital satellite platform.

"EuroNews' debut on EchoStar's DISH Network is great news for our International customers here in the U.S.," said Tracy Thompson, Vice President of International Programming for DISH Network. "This channel offers relevant news and programming that speaks directly to them and their culture."

DISH Network will carry EuroNews in six languages - English, Italian, German, French, Russian, and Portuguese - which will be available as part of seven international programming tiers.

"We are very pleased to be an integral part of EchoStar's programming," said EuroNews Chairman and CEO Phillippe Cayla. "EuroNews is a highly valued service that delivers international news with a unique and objective perspective."

Founded in 1993, EuroNews reaches over 188 million households in 121 countries worldwide via cable, digital satellite and terrestrial distribution.

About EchoStar Communications

EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH - News) serves more than 12.75 million satellite TV customers through DISH Network(TM), and is a leading U.S. provider of advanced digital television services. DISH Network's services include hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, HDTV, sports and international programming, together with professional installation and 24-hour customer service. EchoStar has been a leader for more than 25 years in satellite TV equipment sales and support worldwide. EchoStar is included in the Nasdaq-100 Index (NDX) and is a Fortune 500 company. Visit EchoStar's Web site at www.echostar.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

About EuroNews

Available to consumers on several major cable systems throughout the U.S. and Canada as well as via direct home satellite, EuroNews (www.euronews.net) covers U.S. and world news from an international perspective with updates every 30 minutes while transmitting simultaneously in seven languages, 24 hours a day.

EuroNews features in-depth coverage of the day's top news, sports, business and weather from both the U.S. and Europe, and offers a wide range of current affairs and lifestyle features including space, science, sustainable development, web news, arts and entertainment.

For EuroNews
Bob Gold & Associates
Justin Kanton, 310-784-1040
Justin@bobgoldpr.com
or
Echostar Communications
Heather Black, 720-514-5351
Heather.Black@echostar.com

DISH Network will carry EuroNews in six languages - English, Italian, German, French, Russian, and Portuguese - which will be available as part of seven international programming tiers.

Somewhat confusing. Six languages part of seven international programming tiers? What about Spanish? As for English, there's no English international tier, so where will it go?

how much is it "a la carte"?

If you don't subscribe to an int'l pkg. how muchis it ala carte? seems kind of cheap that they aren't throwing it in to AT 180!

If you don't subscribe to an int'l pkg. how muchis it ala carte? seems kind of cheap that they aren't throwing it in to AT 180!

CSR with broken English just told me $19 per month for A LA CARTE EURONEWS

I told him that was too high for me, and said no thank you. If any hears different cas far as adding it a la carte, please post

Can't believe my eyes! As it stands right now, EuroNews is part of Polish and Arabic packages (the languages Euronews doesn't even have), but NOT part of Russian, at the time when Russian EuroNews is uplinked on 2 satellites!

Hopefully, it'll change by Friday.

Can't believe my eyes! As it stands right now, EuroNews is part of Polish and Arabic packages (the languages Euronews doesn't even have), but NOT part of Russian, at the time when Russian EuroNews is uplinked on 2 satellites!

Hopefully, it'll change by Friday.

I just got home, checked at channels 900 and 901 (i have the Italian package), and Euronews is not available yet.

You know, this is an idiotic marketing move by Dish. I wonder if the person in charge of making this decision though along these lines:

Let's see... we have a channel available in 7 languages. This is America so we HAVE to have it in English! Now, let's see. We have 1 language that has more potential subscribers than the other 5 combined so we don't need that one..."

See ya
Tony

So I am understanding correctly, for those subscribers, like me, with international packages (i.e. Panorama Italiano) this channel will be available as part of the package? If yes what channel is Euronews coming in?

I found the answer.... Here is the link from Dishnetwork site:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/channels/indexpackage.asp?NetwID=52157
This is ridiculous because, according to the link, I won't be getting it even though I pay $50/mo in international programming (Greek pack & TV5). I'll be very upset if I don't have this channel tomorrow.

Speaking of the Greek pack, E* very quietly dropped MEGA (it moved to D*), which was probably the 2nd best greek channel available. Another channel is rumored to move to D* in the near future. Not very happy in the way this was handled.

Euronews should be made available TO ALL for free, as its that damn good.

Real Reporting, the way it use to be.

When was that ??

News is automatically propaganda.

6.6 Billion People are awake and do things for 16 hours every day, that's about 100 Billion hours of activity. News condenses that to 22 minutes !

That is impossible to do without a bias, because there is no objective criteria. What is important depends on the point of view of the individual.

When was that ??

News is automatically propaganda.

6.6 Billion People are awake and do things for 16 hours every day, that's about 100 Billion hours of activity. News condenses that to 22 minutes !

That is impossible to do without a bias, because there is no objective criteria. What is important depends on the point of view of the individual.
Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense. You're also contradicting the very point you're trying to make. Yes, it /is/ possible to report objectively without editorializing and slanting although, I'll grant you, not 100% of the time.

This is ridiculous because, according to the link, I won't be getting it even though I pay $50/mo in international programming (Greek pack & TV5). I'll be very upset if I don't have this channel tomorrow.

Speaking of the Greek pack, E* very quietly dropped MEGA (it moved to D*), which was probably the 2nd best greek channel available. Another channel is rumored to move to D* in the near future. Not very happy in the way this was handled.

This happened with Russian Channel 1 last year, just went to D* with no warning. It is the #1 Russian channel...poof! it was just gone...