Echostar Responds to Tivo Ruling

About 5% of the drop.

Umm, yeah okay whatever you want to believe.
All I know is the lower it is right now, the more I can buy. $50 is fine if I am getting ready to sell some (which I did when it was at $51 to pay for christmas presents and a trip) and now that it is back down in a buyable range again, I can pick up more shares.

Umm, yeah okay whatever you want to believe.
All I know is the lower it is right now, the more I can buy. $50 is fine if I am getting ready to sell some (which I did when it was at $51 to pay for christmas presents and a trip) and now that it is back down in a buyable range again, I can pick up more shares.

Most of the drop was from Echostar's weaker 3Q07 net subscriber additions (+110K) and higher churn (1.7%).

My valuation prices dish at 51, so I agree, good time to buy.

Maybe this whole thing was a ploy to keep working on the software change so they didn't loose customers. Keep appealing it until they had it ready. What was the change they did? Nothing seems different to me in using it. Maybe they went to 31 second warp instead of 30 seconds

DISH Network Statement in Response to Federal Circuit Ruling in

Tivo Inc. v. EchoStar Communications Corp.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Jan. 31, 2008 – DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) issued the following statement regarding recent developments in the Tivo Inc. v. EchoStar Communications Corp. lawsuit:

“We are pleased the Federal Circuit found for us on Tivo’s hardware claims, but are disappointed in the Federal Circuit’s decision on the software claims. The decision, however, will have no effect on our current or future customers because EchoStar’s engineers have developed and deployed ‘next-generation’ DVR software to our customers’ DVRs. This improved software is fully operational, has been automatically downloaded to current customers, and does not infringe the Tivo patent at issue in the Federal Circuit’s ruling.

All DISH Network customers can continue to use their DVRs without any interruption or changes to the award-winning DVR features and services provided by DISH Network.

We intend to appeal the Federal Circuit’s ruling affirming the $94 million jury verdict.”
I posted that like two weeks ago in the TIVO WINS LAWSUIT forum, the exact same thing word for word, no one listens to just a member i guess.

Dish Vs Direct

I have a question for the man "Scott Greczkowski"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)