Echostar X and Distant Locals

alex06

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
From what I been reading seems like all locals will be on the new sat E-X, does anyone knows what Distant Networks will be left. and what sat they will be using for these locals.

LAX. NYC, ATLANTA, CHICAGO AND DENVER

Thanks

I'm wondering about Denver. I know its no longer a distant right now but the DMA is HUGE...it covers I think 4 states for sure (Neb, Col, Wyoming, SD) so if they move this to spotbeam, what about the people in northern Wyoming or SD?

Why isn't Atlanta a distant network anymore? Dish just felt like dropping it for no reason? Denver not being a distant either is depressing.

I'll be quite surprised if they truly do away with Denver as a distant local. They need to have one in each of the four CONUS time zones.

With the new rules about distant networks, very few subs now qualify for them, and it doesn't make sense to provide 5 sets of distant NETs for this shriking groups of subs.

It probably won't be too long before only NYC and LA are the only cities available.

Man that brings back memories. The Denver 5" Netlink offered them on Cband. Loved the central time zone feeds. They were the first to start to get picky about who could recieve them. Remember when Seattle had a distant feed as well on old satellite s2.

On the latest E* brouchures, Denver is STILL listed as an available distant.
It is still listed as being an available distant on the E* network qualification website, in ALL distant network areas.
E* has NOT said anything (yet) about it no longer being available as a distant, so everyone is safe for now.
And as Iceberg said, the Denver DMA is huge, so it might not make that much sense to move it anyway. ;)

There are a lot of people receiving Denver as a distant network.
Loss of Denver could mean loss of business big time.

I have 3 stations from Denver as distant networks. Being in Carolina I like the time difference. I hope they don't drop Denver.which by the way they did at one time.

exactly smoky

they did drop them for new subs but people who had them could keep them. I lost Denver Fox when I changed programming and couldnt get it back :(

i used to qualify for all 5 dns cities but most of us know how that situation turnesd out if ya dont read my sig. and youll figure it out
let us not forget dallas was a dns city recxently too, but not anymore

stone phillips420 said:
i used to qualify for all 5 dns cities but most of us know how that situation turnesd out if ya dont read my sig. and youll figure it out

ya mean this? :)

AUDIT TEAM IS WORTHLESS

dallas is back as a distant network

stone phillips420 said:

dallas is back

yellowfever101 said:
dallas is back
you sure? On my add locals page, it still only shows New York, Chicago, Denver, and Los Angeles.
Course with Dallas and Atlanta being put onto a ConUS beam on E10, it does look promising for both.

I still get Denver NBC on waivers. I have Atlanta NBC and ABC, but the signal is very low right now at 5:35pm PT. I was getting smart card errors for a while. When does Atlanta leave for spot beam? I liked NBC for the Falcons and ABC for the ACC ABC games.

yellowfever101 said:
dallas is back
Checked my add locals page this morning.
Dallas is now offered as a Distant
New York, NY Distant Network Package
Chicago, IL
Distant Network Package
smallcheck.gif
Denver, CO Distant Network Package
smallcheck.gif
Los Angeles, CA Distant Network Package
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
Distant Network Package
But strangely only CBS & NBC show up as alacarte
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX CBS NBC
New York, NY ABC CBS NBC FOX
Chicago, IL
ABC CBS NBC FOX
Denver, CO
ABC CBS NBC FOX
Los Angeles, CA ABC CBS NBC FOX
I wonder if Atlanta will follow...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)