Eclipse and Airbender

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Well 2 movies this weekend, two bleh.

Airbender was more of a disappointment. All it ended up being was a setup for a series of movies. It was a case of the previews building up to far more than the movie actually accomplished. It left me wanting to know the end of the series, but given how dreadful the movie was I think it might be a direct to video release.

Twilight was ok if you are into the series. I watched the first 2 on bluray before I went to see it just so that I would remember the plot. I think it is the weakest of the 3, more of something to pass the time before tne next movies. It was more like a TV episode stretched to a full length movie.

The Twilight books are way better than the movies, but I actually can't wait to see Eclipse. I reread the book so I remember what's supposed to happen. The previews look good. I'm waiting until next weekend to see it though, so there aren't so many people. Even the afternoon showings have been pretty full here.

If you are big into the Twilight series, you will enjoy the movie. I liked the movie (not being an advid Twilight fan). My frustration is that Bella can never make up her mind (yes I know that is the point of the book series). It is like the Harry Potter movies... Can't he ever get around to fighting the bad guy? I guess this is the new Hollywood money making strategy, trillogies are not enough, now you need 8 movies to tell a story.

My disappointment is that it seems like the 4th of July big action blockbuster is missing this year.

I was watching Taylor Lautner on David Letterman and he said there are two more movies after this one, and that confused me because there is only one more book. I can see Harry Potter having two movies for the last book because it is so long and there is so much detail, but I don't think Breaking Dawn really needs two movies. I like both series equally, I'm not one of the people that pits them against each other, but I was kinda like why are they copying Harry Potter and doing two movies for the last book? I'm hoping Taylor was just confused, but I haven't looked it up yet.

IMDB lists two movies for Breaking Dawn, a part 1 and part 2 (2011 & 2012).

I am sure if they thought they could do 3 or 4 more movies somehow they would do it. Of course they will probably come up with a way if possible.

Well 2 movies this weekend, two bleh.

Airbender was more of a disappointment. All it ended up being was a setup for a series of movies. It was a case of the previews building up to far more than the movie actually accomplished. It left me wanting to know the end of the series, but given how dreadful the movie was I think it might be a direct to video release.

Twilight was garbage
Fixed that for you.

As far as Last Airbender, WTF. Enough said.

M.Night Shamalama-ding-dong proves to me again, that his best movies are behind him. HYPE. all he is about anymore. bottom line. :rant:

Well, I went to see Eclipse today. I liked it, but as I stated earlier, the book was way better. However, I don't always have time to read the books, so for quick Twilight fixes, the movies are good. They did differ from this book a lot more than the first two. Makes me wonder some more about why they are splitting the last book up into two movies. Yes, I know, more money, but it seems ridiculous to me. Anyway, it was a good movie and of course I'll be buying it when it comes out on bluray.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)