Editing Channel List

Dr. Pepper 6044

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 10, 2010
South Georgia
I installed a GeoSatPro100 last fall and upon updating, it would not allow any channel editing. After some phone conversation with Glorystar folks, I left the receiver viewing the user's choice of 'Adventist'. I think the alternative was 'Glorystar'.

I installed a new GSP200c last week and did OTA Update and left update on. The new owner called concerned that he could not edit his channels. He spoke to my message machine and I got home to hear it tonight. I need to respond to his call, but would like to hear counsel on here before I do.

It seems that there was a way to use the whole 60-70 Glorystar channels on, but the user can move those desired all in one place. I hope that is still true. If not, I'll try to be diplomatic about what his choices are.

Thanks, Bill

If the receiver is in the Glorystar mode they do disable the sat install and channel editing options. I own a 200c myself

In the G* mode it loads the channels that are G* approved which you can see the list here (looks like it needs to be updated a smidge)
Channel list

If the customer doesn't want any other language than English if you hit FAV (favorite) it does give you options to only be able to see English, Spanish, Russian etc channels.
If they want to be able to edit you have to use the advanced/hobbyist mode. But then you have to scan in the channels and remove the ones the customer doesnt want.

If the customer only wants Glorystar stuff, the G* mode is the easiest....and less painless when issues arise. Do a factory reset, select Glorystar, set time zone and done

Last edited:
Thanks, Iceberg.

I think this customer wants to scan and then remove. His message was requesting how to get into advanced mode.

I've been looking around in the 1100c I have connected here and don't see a way to get into advanced mode. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see it in the Owner's Manual.

You mention "If the receiver is in the Glorystar mode they do disable the sat install and channel editing options" .. Is it possible to edit channels out of the Glorystar mode?

I understand and can guide the customer to "Do a factory reset, select Glorystar, set time zone and done" (which is essentially what I did when installing the receiver). I think this leaves him in his current state with no ability to edit his channel list.

I think this customer wants to scan and then remove. His message was requesting how to get into advanced mode.

I've been looking around in the 1100c I have connected here and don't see a way to get into advanced mode. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see it in the Owner's Manual.

when you do a master reset it should first give you language option (English, Spanish, French) then give an option of "Glorystar" mode or "Advanced/Hobbyist" mode

You mention "If the receiver is in the Glorystar mode they do disable the sat install and channel editing options" .. Is it possible to edit channels out of the Glorystar mode?

no. The only way to "edit" out channels would be if he wants to remove all non-english channels to hit "favorites" button and select "English"

page 47 of the manual shows the screen when you first boot it up (or after a reset)
http://glorystar.tv/portal/33/documents/GEOSATpro_ DVR_DSR_One Sat.pdf

I assume you mean in Glorystar mode? I wish we could too. (use to be able to)

Advanced/Hobbyist mode you can edit however you want

I assume you mean in Glorystar mode? I wish we could too. (use to be able to)

Advanced/Hobbyist mode you can edit however you want

Yes, I do. It was kewl. Just move the most used channels to the top of the list and leave the rest to browse whenever I got bored. The one I'm using at home now has update off. It has never updated since the edit was turned off.

I need to revisit the advanced mode process to make my own list.

The customer referred to in this thread's intro is interested in the 1100c. He is also interested in advanced mode. He is willing to pay an upgrade price for the 1100. I think I will start another thread about my next (maybe crazy) question.... The Micro HD..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)