Efficient way to record DVD from DVR

kryong

Original poster
Dec 14, 2006
Is there any efficient way to record video into DVD from DVR?
Only traditional way is to record DVD while watching DVR, but I should watch all video to check when it ends. I'd like to record it, say over the night (TV off), by setting up to play multiple DVR videos to be recorded into DVD, and I'd get new DVD in the morning...

Anyone know how to do this or any other way without watching all video?
FYI, DVR and DVD recorder are separate units.

wat receiver model do you have. if you have a 2 room system then you can set tv2 output to the dvd burner and watch something else while its recording to dvd in the back round works great.

That's 625. But it also requires me to stand by for the exact time to stop recording when it's done. If DVR625 can play multiple video in sequence then It may solve my headache, but DVR function seems to select one by one to play manually..

yea thats how it is.. but this is what i do... i have tv2 plugged in. then set it all up (whether its a 2hr show or a 30min show) hit record, hit play. have a timer go off about 1 minute before the program ends. hit pause on tv1 (so you don't miss anything) switch back to tv2, hit stop when needed, set up next show. Go back to tv1 (try to do this Sunday there is always a football game to watch on tv1) then it doesn't seem to bad.

I think most DVD recorders can be set to record live programing as it occurs. But setting that up seems like too much work and eliminates any editing out of commercials. And recording quality suffers the more hours of recording you put on a single disc.

:eek: You gotta be from Oakland. :D

close but no, Sactown CA.. but my sis goes to Berkeley so CAL all the way. Actually I'm not a NFL fan because i think they lost the love of the game. all they want is millions of $$$ to play a game that they "love". Collage games at least the players are there to play. i put that in there because it relates to a lot of people lol

Check PVRExplorer group in Yahoo groups.
This is what I do with my 508.
PVRexplorer for extraction of mpeg.
VideoReDo for editing out the commercials.
DVD Labs for authoring, with chapters, menus, etc.
Nero Burning ROM for burning the DVDs (two at a time).
Epson R-200 for printing the DVDs (full color graphics).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)