EHD / at&t Dish

ferl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Troy, IL
I have at&t Dish service with a 622 and 722 and would like to have multiple EHD's and move them (without limits) between the 2 receivers. I have several concerns.
at&t is a different animal. I ran a cat5 to network a receiver when that feature beacame available, only to find that at&t accounts don't have account numbers that function with networking. The same was true back when the VOOM channels were added. Dish customers could get the new channels immediately but at&t dish customers had delayed availability.

From what I've read, Dish customers have a household account code that allows them to move receivers around and not be limited by a 3 move rule. Do at&t dish customers have an account code that would allow us to move multiple drives back and forth without limits?

I plan on calling customer service but one never knows if they are being given correct information:)

As AT&T subs we do not have a traditional Dish account number, but I don't believe that should stop this EHD feature from working. You'll have to call to find out.

I don't know what your prior experience has been with calling support, but for me, I've been routed to "AT&T / Dish Network" support which has always been a U.S. based person. I've never had to deal with those foreign call centers with my Dish support.

If/when the online scheduling feature is available and actually works I will unbundle my account, because it would not be available to us otherwise. We will have to do it "soon" anyway because of the coming end of the AT&T / Dish partnership...

As AT&T subs we do not have a traditional Dish account number, but I don't believe that should stop this EHD feature from working...

The EHD feature already works (I'm currently using an EHD on the 622) but I don't know if I can have multiple EHD's and move them back and forth without the receiver wanting to reformat them after several moves. It's the at&t factor that I don't trust.

I don't know what your prior experience has been with calling support, but for me, I've been routed to "AT&T / Dish Network" support which has always been a U.S. based person. I've never had to deal with those foreign call centers with my Dish support...

My experience has not been a communication problem, it has been a problem with getting a knowledgeable rep. With general questions about billing I trust the answer but little oddities on the tech stuff throws them off.

If/when the online scheduling feature is available and actually works I will unbundle my account, because it would not be available to us otherwise. We will have to do it "soon" anyway because of the coming end of the AT&T / Dish partnership...

Good luck with that! I wanted to do that a while back but it sounds easier than it is. I have my fingers crossed that this divorce will improve my existence with DISH.

The EHD feature already works (I'm currently using an EHD on the 622) but I don't know if I can have multiple EHD's and move them back and forth without the receiver wanting to reformat them after several moves. It's the at&t factor that I don't trust.
I also have a single EHD on a 622. When I said "this feature" I was referring to swapping them between receivers.

My experience has not been a communication problem, it has been a problem with getting a knowledgeable rep. With general questions about billing I trust the answer but little oddities on the tech stuff throws them off.
Sorry to hear that, but my experiences with the AT&T / Dish tech reps have been great.

Good luck with that! I wanted to do that a while back but it sounds easier than it is. I have my fingers crossed that this divorce will improve my existence with DISH.
Many here have reported success with that. Here's just one thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/129951-att-question.html

For sure At&T 622HZ (722 inside, but running 2WIRE software) doesn't support EHD at all, not to mentioning moving between 622/722 and the 622HZ. :(

I would suggest between ViP622/722 on AT&T account it should works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts