EHD going into "sleep" mode

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

teh_duke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
I have a "not supported" EHD connected to my 722k and it seems to go into a disk spin down sleep mode after a few hours of idle time. Usually this is a good thing, except that the receiver loosed the connection to the drive. In order to view the drive is to unplug, power down and reconnect the drive. Is there a way to work around this? I currently am using a lacie big disk 1tb drive.

If you have a Seagate drive this is a known problem.
There is a program to turn off spin down for Windows.
This has been stated here for several years.
"No spin down" is harder on the drive so you will need to power it down manually.
WD drives, Hitachi, and most other do spin up as needed recovering from time out.
I don't know what is inside the "big disk."
-Ken

I've tried it and it seems that it won't be recognized by the receiver unless I power down the drive as well. Plus the point is not having to phisically unplug the drive to use it. If that was the case, I would just unplug the power to the drive unless I needed it to save wear and tear on the drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts