EHD Issue

loubon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2010
New Jersey
Sorry if this has been asked already but I did a search and couldn't find it.

I hit my first snag tonight on what has actually been smooth sailing since my install of 2H/2J on Tuesday. I had copied shows to my EHD from my 2 622 VIPs. No problem seeing them on the Hopper or playing them from the EHD. I transferred a few of the shows to the Hopper HD to make it easier for the rest of the family to get used to the new system. I also unprotected them as I used to do on the 622s as they default to protected when restored from the EHD. None of these shows will play. They all say they are at the end and to press play to start over but when you do that nothing happens. They all show 100% watched even though they haven't been touched yet.

I even tried to transfer one back to the EHD and play it off of that but same thing happens. Actualy that one looks like it is stuck at the beginning rather than the end but it is still stuck nonetheless. I tried doing a reset as well. Everything else works fine.

Any ideas?

Itried pulling the plug and also using the red reset button but it had no effect.

Same thing happened to me when I first got the Hopper. I had Game of Thrones Season 1 on my 722. Transferred them to the EHD (all good), Moved the EHD to the Hopper (all good), transferred them to the Hopper (all good), transferred them back to the EHD (fubar).

Did not find a solution.

DO NOT TRANSFER PROGRAMS RECORDED ON 622/722 TO THE HOPPER AND BACK TO THE EHD. Lesson learned.

That's a serious bug that needs to be reported to the proper authorities...!

Same thing happened to me when I first got the Hopper. I had Game of Thrones Season 1 on my 722. Transferred them to the EHD (all good), Moved the EHD to the Hopper (all good), transferred them to the Hopper (all good), transferred them back to the EHD (fubar).

Did not find a solution.

DO NOT TRANSFER PROGRAMS RECORDED ON 622/722 TO THE HOPPER AND BACK TO THE EHD. Lesson learned.

Actually mine didn't even work when it just went from the EHD to the Hopper. It only works directly from the EHD.

That's a serious bug that needs to be reported to the proper authorities...!

Agreed. But how does one do that? Through a DIRT member?

All my stuff works but the colorful icons are very slow in appearing. I get several a day now, when I first connected the EHD the generic icons appeared almost instantly. In the first 48 hours only 50% were loaded, some generic and some the more elaborate ones. I did a mock transfer of EHD to Hooper and they miraculous appeared....canceled the transfer, went back to EHD and the same problem existed. I guess it's a waiting game. :rolleyes:

Actually mine didn't even work when it just went from the EHD to the Hopper. It only works directly from the EHD.

Ah, I see. I misread your first post. So I just tried some tests. Moved a 722 Sesame Street recording from the EHD to the Hopper then back to the EHD. Same result as before, no worky after the final copy. Then I tried moving a Hopper recorded Underworld to the EHD, back to the Hopper, then back to the EHD. Still Ok.

Hardly an extensive sample, but I think there is something about the older recordings that is causing a problem here.

A bug, yes. But then again, I was just messing around, and don't really have a use for moving recordings back and forth.

I PMed Matt from the DIRT team and he has no known issue listed but is investigating it for me.

Until then, has anyone who backed up any recordings pre-Hopper install been successful in transferring them from the EHD and then actually watching them on the Hopper? I think there may be people like me who had no problems with he actual transfer process but haven't had a chance to actually try to watch them yet. If someone could check for me that would at least help me determine if it is isolated to just my system or a larger bug.

Thanks for the feedback. I had a 622. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Actually I had 2 of them and I have the same problem with shows that had been on both of those receivers.

I had a bunch of stuff on a 612 that I transferred to my WD My Book AV 1TB drive. I tried an episode of Psych and was able to transfer it from the EHD to Hopper, watch part of it, transfer it back to the EHD, transfer it back to Hopper and resume watching from where it was stopped.

Sorry if this has been asked already but I did a search and couldn't find it.

I hit my first snag tonight on what has actually been smooth sailing since my install of 2H/2J on Tuesday. I had copied shows to my EHD from my 2 622 VIPs. No problem seeing them on the Hopper or playing them from the EHD. I transferred a few of the shows to the Hopper HD to make it easier for the rest of the family to get used to the new system. I also unprotected them as I used to do on the 622s as they default to protected when restored from the EHD. None of these shows will play. They all say they are at the end and to press play to start over but when you do that nothing happens. They all show 100% watched even though they haven't been touched yet.

I even tried to transfer one back to the EHD and play it off of that but same thing happens. Actualy that one looks like it is stuck at the beginning rather than the end but it is still stuck nonetheless. I tried doing a reset as well. Everything else works fine.

Any ideas?

I actually had this same exact problem happen to me. I transferred all my recordings from a 722 to my EHD before upgrading to the Hopper. I am able to view all my recording as long as they stay on the EHD. I did the same thing as you and moved some shows from the EHD to the the Hopper for ease of viewing and that's when I started having the same symptoms as you. I also tried moving them back to the EHD, and the same thing happens. I did all this when I first had my Hopper installed around 3/20, which was before the latest update.

When I called tech support a couple of week ago they actually told me this was a known issue and that something more than likely got corrupted in the transfer.

Fortunately, most of the shows I transferred were from one of the major networks and I was able to view them online.

My suggestion, as I have done so, keep the older recordings on the EHD, and only move stuff recorded through the Hopper.

Thanks. At least I know it is not confined just to my system although it does not seem widespread enough to warrant any type of fix (even if there could be one).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)