EHD not showing up all of the sudden

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kpip99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
Was going to transfer some shows over to my external hard drive today and it's not showing up. It's only a couple of weeks old and I've been transferring shows over just fine up until today. It's been plugged in and working perfect every since I got it. Any ideas of what's wrong ?

A couple of things to try. First, do a red button reset and see if it returns. Next, unplug the EHD, then plug it back in. That often gets it to return. We used to see dropping EHDs a lot more a few years back, but I've not seen it in at least a year.

Bobby is correct. Shut it down, then power back up. Happens to me from time to time.

If you are recording or watching then a power pull is safer that pulling the data connection. The latter often causes the system to reboot.
That is not to say that a reboot won't happen with an EHD power pull but just less likely, as I've experienced it.
-Ken

I haven't had a chance to unplug and plug back in but it is now showing up and I did nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts