EHD on 622

smjbh5

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2007
SF Bay Area
So I currently have an EHD connected to my 622. I got an additional 622 this weekend for another TV in the house. Can I move the EHD between the 2 boxes? I remember the first time I hooked up the EDH it reformatted it. Will that happen when I move it to the other box?

So I currently have an EHD connected to my 622. I got an additional 622 this weekend for another TV in the house. Can I move the EHD between the 2 boxes? I remember the first time I hooked up the EDH it reformatted it. Will that happen when I move it to the other box?
No. The first time was to format for Linux which is required for EHD.

We assume these are on the same account and you can respond to an audit, if it happens.
If the message to reformat comes up and the disk has been working, don't reformat.
Instead select Tech support from the phone options--answer that you need help with an external.
Ask nicely to have them send a "hit" to your receivers, have the receivers powered and on-line.
You can be watching programming and you do NOT need to reboot for this. It takes 3 minute or so.
-Ken

We assume these are on the same account and you can respond to an audit, if it happens.
If the message to reformat comes up and the disk has been working, don't reformat.
Instead select Tech support from the phone options--answer that you need help with an external.
Ask nicely to have them send a "hit" to your receivers, have the receivers powered and on-line.
You can be watching programming and you do NOT need to reboot for this. It takes 3 minute or so.
-Ken

Thanks, yes both receivers are on the same account. I was pretty sure I wouldn't have had a problem, but just wanted a confirmation from the experts!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)