EHD Problems and being blatantly lied to by the Dish CSR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ThomasTrain

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
I really wish I could say that I am surprised that Dish's customer service has degraded so much over the last year but alas, I am not. I guess this is why the subscriber growth numbers are down 89% and the stock price is in the crapper.

Anyway, I began experieanceing a problem with my EHD drive and called dish for support. They simply stated, "we can't troubleshoot this." After requesting they perform the rehit as suggested on the forum, she then stated "I can't rehit the receivers without troubleshooting" which as a former employee, I know is a flat out lie. Then she tried to transfer me to "advanced support" but she stated they refused the transfer and suggested she just ra the receiver. Ironically, the issue occurs on both my 622's so I know that wouldn't resolve the problem. It just blows my mind that this is what my $40 bought me: a flaky service with zero support.

Anyway, with that being said: the problem is that I can still copy programs to the drive, but when I try to Manage those recording, the receiver freezes and then reboots. Yes, this drive has been working just fine up to now. Does anyone have any advice

Last edited:
Sounds like the problem I had last month, Seach "toast" in the forums.

I could transfer to the EHD, but I could not restore. and watching from the EHD was hit or miss. CSR was no help. said it was a EHD problem and took the info on what type of EHD I had.

I was dealing with the problem for a good six weeks, and had nothing to lose by getting a new receiver for the cost of 1 months' DHPP.

Got a new receiver and all is well now

Well, I bit the bullet, took it in the keaster and just formatted the drive. It's working again, but obviously my 600GB of recording is gone.

I would have replaced the receiver if this drive didn't behave the exact same way on my other 622 which basically ruled out the fact that it was a receiver problem.

When you got yours replaced, were all your archived recordings still there?

yes, everything on the EHD was there and worked fine, and since I was able to archive to the EHD. I copied everything from the 622 to the EHD and back to the new 622. The only thing lost was my timers programmed into the old 622

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts