EHD Questions

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
How long should it take for the H3 to register a 2 TB EHD when it is connected.
Is the EHD reliably connected once it is fully registered and indexed?

Last night I connected 2 USB drives,a western digital 750 GB green and a Western Digital 2 TB green. They each seemed to connect and disconnect. I could view the list of content but I couldn't view the shows. After a couple hours I was able to watch a show on the 750 GB drive.

I called Dish tech support and spent 45 minutes of wasted discussion. They did inform me that there was a known problem with EHDs on the H3. They are working on a fix, but didn't even suggest it would be SOON.

After watching a show on EHD why does it return to the internal HD rather than the EHD location you just watched.

Reactions: charlesrshell
How long should it take for the H3 to register a 2 TB EHD when it is connected.
Is the EHD reliably connected once it is fully registered and indexed?

Last night I connected 2 USB drives,a western digital 750 GB green and a Western Digital 2 TB green. They each seemed to connect and disconnect. I could view the list of content but I couldn't view the shows. After a couple hours I was able to watch a show on the 750 GB drive.

I called Dish tech support and spent 45 minutes of wasted discussion. They did inform me that there was a known problem with EHDs on the H3. They are working on a fix, but didn't even suggest it would be SOON.

After watching a show on EHD why does it return to the internal HD rather than the EHD location you just watched.
During my Hopper 3 system install one of my H3 the EHD was mmediately recognized. My other H3 the EHD didn't start working until about an hour later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts