ehd works without activation!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If only I had waited like 4 months, I would have 40 extra dollars! Nah I'd probably spend it on something else... Plus I've archived a HUGE amount of stuff since then...

I guess in a way I owe my wife dinner somewhere. A few months ago I got her a GO-Drive to replace her WD EHD, so I could claim it for an EHD for my 622. Well she only just now got around to transferring her files. So, in a way. I owe her 40 bucks! Thank you, Honey. And thanks Dish.

Question. Can you move the drive to another machine without re-formatting it, i.e., share by carry?
Or is it tied to you account?
-Ken

EHD on 622? I have two 211Ks with EHDs on them. Of course they record directly to the EHD. It is my understanding that on the 622 it records to the internal HD and then you have to move
the recordings to the EHD? What about playback- do you have to move them back to the internal drive in order to watch them?
Thanks, Gerry

EHD on 622?

What about playback- do you have to move them back to the internal drive in order to watch them?
Thanks, Gerry

You can watch directly from the EHD. The whole point is to free up the internal.

I use an IOMega drive with my 722.

My experience with WD external drives on my computer has been less than happy, and many other folks report having problems with them. It's not the internal drive mechanism that gives trouble, it's the enclosure.

So many of these drives include additional features that may be helpful when they are used on a PC but just get in the way in this application. I like something simple and basic. In fact I prefer to build my own drives. Basic USB enclosures are quite cheap - in the $30 range (look on Amazon for a start) and you can stick any drive you wish into them. Building one is a rather simple task.

My experience with WD external drives on my computer has been less than happy, and many other folks report having problems with them. It's not the internal drive mechanism that gives trouble, it's the enclosure..

The vast majority of users here (myself included) are quite pleased with WD drives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts