EI Mix Channel Down?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
The Extra Innings Mix channel is now grayed out in my guide and when I switch to it I just get the DirecTV logo. Is any other EI sub getting the channel now?

I'm guessing they needed the bandwith for NFLST.
It as up last week.

Does that mean they do not have enough bandwidth to add any more additional HD channels until the next satellite launch? It doesn't make sense they they would be hurting for bandwidth.

I don't know that they needed it for bandwith, just a guess.

They still have 30 or so HD PPV channels, they kill one of those when they add new national HD. That's been their plan from my understanding.

It not a bandwith issue I still hearing it is a software issues MLB and NFL game mix or at least that what engineering said they hit a snag last sunday and it not on right now . But who knows.

Jason Crandall said:
I don't know that they needed it for bandwith, just a guess.

They still have 30 or so HD PPV channels, they kill one of those when they add new national HD. That's been their plan from my understanding.

Then why not take one of them down?

No EI for me next year anyway. I will sub to MLB.TV instead, pay less money, watch it in more places, including my phone, with more game options, and use my PS3 to watch it my TV.

Last edited:
stonecold said:
It not a bandwith issue I still hearing it is a software issues MLB and NFL game mix or at least that what engineering said they hit a snag last sunday and it not on right now . But who knows.

This makes more sense since it was on last week.

This makes more sense since it was on last week.

I never gotten a real clear anser but it has to do with the systems that process and put on the mix channels I know where there time where mlb mix was temporarly offline do to Golf and Tennis mix channels. Hopefully we will see it next sunday.

Same thing happened last year. I called to bitch, saying that I had paid for the FULL season of EI and was not getting it. They just blew me off.

I will sub to MLB.TV instead, pay less money, watch it in more places, including my phone, with more game options, and use my PS3 to watch it my TV.

I wonder how long it'll be until this isn't a viable option anymore. With providers putting hidden "caps" on bandwidth it's going to be challenging.

I thought about just mlb.tv also but I do like the MRV ability to watch in any room recorded games.

I wonder how long it'll be until this isn't a viable option anymore. With providers putting hidden "caps" on bandwidth it's going to be challenging.

I thought about just mlb.tv also but I do like the MRV ability to watch in any room recorded games.

Depending on your setup you have have MRV with MLB.tv also. My living room has a Roku, My bedroom has a LG Blue Ray, My office has a computer with duel monitors. And you can always bring up archived games. Buying an extra roku box for another bedroom along with MLB.TV would still be worth it if you would use the mobile app as well to watch games (which I do all the time.)

Don't think that will ever happen in my area due to very high competition. With FiOs, TWC, DSL, and other VoIP services, none of them would be dumb enough to put caps and force people to go to other providers.

Guess what? Yep, down again this week.

The one day in which three teams can clinch a spot. The one day I was looking forward to watching multiple games at the same time and switch quickly to which ever one I want, is the 2nd day in which they take this one channel down that I am paying for.

Needless to say, I am pissed

Called them and immediately asked to speak to a supervisor. Told the supervisor what is going on and she was unaware that this was occurring. When she checked she did confirm that they take this channel down. I was very nice and respectful on the phone, and as a result of them removing this channel they are now giving me a $10 credit per month for the rest of the time ST is on (the next 5 months)

ETA: Just checked my account on-line and the credit is there. Listed as a $10 sports charge credit

ETA2: Just got an e-mail confirmation as well

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)