EI on D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wanderer666

Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
OK I just switched from cable and just heard cable is offering a $40 earlybird discount on the package at $159 while D* only offers a $20 discount at $179. In addition, cable is saying they will carry a minimum of 10 games a week in HD at that price. Is it true D* carries NO GAMES in HD without shelling out an additional $50 for Sportsfan?
So cable will carry FREE HD games on the same channels? Can someone tell me how Sportsfan works? Is it on a seperate channel and the HD feeds are also on a different channel than where all the EI games are? I am really confused but must see my basenball in HD!

I have IE

I just got my first bill from Directv for MLB extra inning $39 plus tax=$42x 4 payments 156=tax. Yes we to have 10 plus in HD if you pickup the superfan pack. Sound like cable and Directv are the same.

Up to 40 games/week in HD with Super Fan. Along with the Game Mix feature. It's all described on the D* website.

Yikes....check your dates! It is 2008!

I noticed that D* had not updated the MLB site too...
I almost posted a link from them awhile back, but caught the date before I posted.

Kinda disappointing that D* has NOT undated yet seeing the season starts next week.
edit:
My bad, they must have updated in the last few days, when I went to the schedule before, it still listed '07 games.

Jimbo

OK guys if I am wrong PLEASE tell me.
On the DirecTv website now it says THIS:
Special Early Bird Offer

Get MLB EXTRA INNINGS® now for just $179 (or 4 payments of $44.75) with your DIRECTV base package. Act now, offer ends April 6!
Add SuperFan® to your MLB EXTRA INNINGS® subscription now for just $50 (or 4 payments of $12.50)!

On the Comcast Cable offer for Extra Innings it says THIS:

mlb_doYouLive.gif

Then you need MLB EXTRA INNINGS on digital cable!
Order today for just $159 and save $40 off the regular season price.
MLB EXTRA INNINGS brings you up to 80 out-of-market games a week during the regular season. Follow your favorite teams and players without leaving home. Up to 10 games a week in Hi-Def now included. Check back soon for schedule.

SO is Digital Cable now $20 LESS than D* AND is also offering HD? Here is link for that. MLB EXTRA INNINGS

I guess it is. Well, maybe 10 less, I think mine is 42.25 X 4. Add another 12.50 X 4 for the Superfan. So, it does look like you would get it for 159 and it looks like you would get the up to 10 games in HD at no additional charge.

Note, my father has Time Warner in his building. I have no idea about this year or why it was like this but his MLB EI schedule would not include as many games as was on D*. Could have been a local TW thing, I don't know, but he got maxed out at a certain number and we would always get 2 0r 3 more. That said, if you have cable and you can get the MLB EI for that price with some HD thrown in there, cool! I personally want to see as many Phils and other games in HD as possible, 40 or so a week is a nice direction to be in, good for everyone!

I'm not worried about them getting the schedule and channels finalized, last year it didn't show up until the first day, and HD channels were hardly ever listed.

This year, most games should have HD.

Now I'm just hoping they finalize the dual feeds option we're hoping for :)

As for price, it does cost more than cable. I doubt D* feels cable is a major competitor on the package, given you must be a regular customer to purchase it. They are within $20 for the base package. The cable rate is $10 lower the "renewal rate" for previous season customers at $169. The "early bird rate" is a little higher at $179.

The superfan is the real diffference, adding $50 - but getting upwards of 50 HD games / week.
I know the site says 40, but every email from D* I've received indicated 50. I'm sure saying 40 is to protect themselves.

I wouldn't call up to 40 hd games out of 90 a week most.

I can't believe that I am not allowed to say to you what everyone is thinking. Hmmm...might be worth a two week ban though...
Oh, how many are you getting on your FIOS? Just add 40 to 50 to that number....is it most yet? You can't rain on our parade Questioner. We have our EI...we have our Superfan, we will get more HD baseball this year than the last couple combined. But yet, you still want to find a problem with it? Are you female by chance? Nothing personal, and certainly not meant to be name calling, heck, I love females, but ......there isn't a baseball fan out there that would consider this package not up to their standards. If you can find a better one would you please let me know where?

Who has more? The provider with more than any other provider has the "most" and that would be DirecTV.

BTW, how many games is FiOS offering this year? How many of those are in HD? Seems like FiOS has the "least". Tell me, how is that considered an upgrade, like you sig states?

Nice signature there:

Let me let me upgrade ya!.....to Verizon FIOS HD

I live in a Verizon area and have NO FIOS for at least 2-3 years available, I can barely get the high speed internet, most of you guy's speeds are light years faster than I have available, I have my internet with Verizon the fastest they offer here is 3.0, that much I have and it works fine, but I see most of the country is around 10 or better now.

I know FIOS is faster, but like I said, it's not available, matter of fact it's probably only available to about 10 % of the country.

So .... like your sig says, Go ahead ... Sign me up !

btw, do you happen to work for Verizon or FIOS ?
IF not, How do you sign someone up ???

Jimbo

The one thing that Cable has that D* doesn't is the ota feeds. Any while that sucks pretty bad, I can't wait to see the CSN Philly, 4SD, and Canada HD feeds.

At least two Padres games in HD from 4SD have been shown so far this season, and CSN Philly had some HD last year with more coming this year. Those were the first every SD4 games in the EI package -- and it was an event Cox executives as late as last year were saying would never happen under any circumstances.

I am told that Canada is on the way too, for the Blue Jay stragglers south of the border.

DirecTV has said quietly that it is working on many OTA feeds, and that is a lot easier as more and more of them are actually controlled by the local RSNs -- and MLB wants them included in EI.

Expect to see many more OTA games by the middle of the season at the latest.

Meanwhile enjoy the 50-60 HD games a week -- many with dual feeds.

But given the underlying contentious tone of some posters here, perhaps someone should threaten to sue DirecTV for its false advertising of "up to 40" HD games.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts