El Rey going away?

Brodieb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Maryville, MO
45901932_1601234149981008_226439437578403840_n.jpg

Saw this on the El Rey Facebook page - when it rains it pours I guess.

Isn't Univision tied to El Rey as an owner or partner in it? For some reason, I thought Dish dropped El Rey back with the Univision dispute during the summer. But I do see it on channel 253 as of right now.

Isn't Univision tied to El Rey as an owner or partner in it? For some reason, I thought Dish dropped El Rey back with the Univision dispute during the summer. But I do see it on channel 253 as of right now.

Yes El Rey is partnered with Univision and it looks like Univision is gone for good so I wouldn't be surprised if El Rey goes bye bye too.

Reactions: Tampa8
One of the pages I look at from time to time are the printable programming guides - DISH Channels and Programming | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

The English one is the one updated the most frequently, and that one does not have El Ray listed in it. To me that is a pretty good indicator that they will be dropping it once the contract expires. Plus the comment Charlie made a couple days ago about Univision sounds like it is gone for good...

Doesn’t surprise me at all. I was with Sling when it went away from there. They wanted an increase while losing viewers and that just wasn’t going to happen.

The last time I looked at El Rey (a long time ago...) the video quality was unwatchable so I haven't looked at it again no matter what they're airing. Has it gotten better?

If Dish carried the HD signal for El Ray I might have watched it more. That said, I almost never watch their SD signal due to poor picture quality.

I am the same way, I love the programming but cannot get past the poor SD picture quality. Still will be sad to see it go from Dish.

Reactions: Jim S.
Well, I picked up HBO Now with streaming live on Fire TV and the on demand app on the Roku for $14.99 a month. I wonder how long it will be until many people go to streaming (if they can) and forget satellite or cable? More and more services are being affected. I know people that have dropped Dish because of the loss of HBO to went back to Spectrum cable here. They get so tired of the disputes and they miss their favorite movies & shows. Many could care about what the programmer or Dish has to say. They want access to what they want.

Reactions: trojan67
Well, I picked up HBO Now with streaming live on Fire TV and the on demand app on the Roku for $14.99 a month. I wonder how long it will be until many people go to streaming (if they can) and forget satellite or cable? More and more services are being affected. I know people that have dropped Dish because of the loss of HBO to went back to Spectrum cable here. They get so tired of the disputes and they miss their favorite movies & shows. Many could care about what the programmer or Dish has to say. They want access to what they want.
And what DVR do you have to store your programs?

We cut the cord for 9 months. Wasn’t impressed at all. Tried Sling and then moved to PS Vue. Granted, picture quality was good but both services still had many channels in 30fps. I guess my major complaint was you had no idea of whom to call when their was a problem! Was it your internet provider, PS Vue, Roku, etc. they all like to play the blame game. At least with DISH I know exactly who to call if I have a problem. They may not want to acknowledge the problem but ultimately they are the ones going to fix it. Plus my wife missed the mindless ability to channel surf! lol.

No loss to me, especially since it is only in SD on Dish. El Rey is really just another channel showing OLD content, and not much value to me, but I'm sure others find it of sufficient value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)