electrical breaker panel

twolcott

Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
tried this in another forum, but it is germane to OTA too.. The results are off D* but is it an issue for OTA too? (or even at all)

My RG6 runs within inches of the my main breaker panel main feed line. Would this have any negative effects on the signal quality? Picture seems ok.. but something just isn't quite right.. I checked and sealed all the connections, replaced the wall jack with high frequency connectors and it had some incremental help but the picture is just plain off.. Esp non-HD.. Grass , for example, if watching golf is clear if the camera is not moving but then the camera moved it all blurrs badly... lot of artifacts around some images , esp ads.. things like that

It sounds to me like what you are describing is simple digital compression.

If your power panel was causing problems they would manifest all the time.

Fuzziness or blockiness with motion is classic compression artifacts.

Since you see it mainly in non HD pictires, that is another vote FOR compression artifacts.

I have DishNetwork and ESPN is one of the best, least compressed signals.

The squeaking wheel, call DirecTV and voice your concerns about their SD video on ESPN. Who knows, maybe there is someone there who cares.

This effect can also be from electrical interference. Anything that increased the BER can do breakup. Too much compression can do fuzzyness or some items stay in a new scene after the old scene is gone. The panel probably is NOT a problem unless there is a loose connection or bad breaker. Notorious things include passing close and in parallel with fluorescent fixtures.

Tbd

Can I find out when my locals are going Digital?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)