Electric Interference- Help for Superbowl!

bsilvertab

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 12, 2004
Rockford MI
Hello all-

I live in Grand Rapids MI, zip 49525 and own an outdoor OTA Antenna system titled, "The Grand Rapids special" from Bursma electronics. I am struggling to get in channel 3 via HD/OTA. I can receive it with my HD turner in my 622 with a strength from 65-68, but it has occational breakups. I figured if I bought an am with a preamp installed at the antenna that this would go away, but it made it 10x worse. I desided to go with a cheaper amp from Radio Shack, which really didn't raise the signal level but it did stablize it. The problem now is that when the refigorator kicks on in my apartment or I turn the lights on and off my picture breaks up. This doesn't happen with any of the other HD stations. Is there anything I can do or buy to fix this issue? Thanks!

Hello all-

I live in Grand Rapids MI, zip 49525. I am struggling to get in channel 3 via HD/OTA. The problem now is that when the refigorator kicks on in my apartment or I turn the lights on and off my picture breaks up. Is there anything I can do or buy to fix this issue? Thanks!

You can try to get the antenna higher. That will reduce the interference and make the signal stronger at the same time.

The problem is that I can't get it any higher because it is on an apartment building that I don't own. The antenna is on the roof of a two story building, so it is not to low. I am pushing my luck as it is by having it up there. Any other advise?

That digital assignment on channel 2 couldn't be worse for interference. Your only option is to get a larger higher-gain antenna if it's already as high as you can get it. And that might not work.

Thanks for the advise. I am going to use the HD tuner on my TV instead of my 622. That seems to do a little better with the interference. I looked at the comcast lineup in my area and they do not even offer CBS in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)