Eligible for an upgrade on October 2nd, what equipment should I ask for or get?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JUCJ85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
NY
I have a HR-34, it freezes up big time, would like the new HR-44, is it considered an upgrade.

I get the upgrade every 2 years as part of my protection plan.

I have a H23 I believe, and an HR24, plus mini genie client.

Is there anything I should ask for when calling in on October 2nd?

Unfortunately Directv see the 34 and 44 the same.
I would still call. I'd imagine you'll be able to get some kind of credits towards your account.

Depending on how Serious you are about dumping the 34 for a 44, you could get a 44 from like Solid Signal and return the 34 often times they will give you a credit towards the money you would put out.

FYI Your HR34 will probably be fixed with the next software release...

Techs in your area might be installing newer equipment, unless they ran out and only carry HR34's
It could be a drop in the bucket to see which one you'll get, not sure if Directv allows Genie upgrades when one already have one, even if you return one and get another Genie 34 or 44, You can call and ask about credit towards purchasing leased HR44 from Solidsignal.

Weird, cause I spoke to 2 or 3 people in directv and they said I could upgrade the 34 for the 44. Retentions/Tech support departments said that to me.

Weird, cause I spoke to 2 or 3 people in directv and they said I could upgrade the 34 for the 44. Retentions/Tech support departments said that to me.
Anyone will tell you that but it's not possible since our computer system sees those two boxes as the same class of receiver. A tech has the right to service swap the box out and give you a 44... but that's only if he has them in stock... we can only give you what the warehouse gives us.

Not from me. There's a known bug in the Hr34 software. There's also a fix for this going through beta testing.

I have a HR-34, it freezes up big time, would like the new HR-44, is it considered an upgrade.

I get the upgrade every 2 years as part of my protection plan.

I have a H23 I believe, and an HR24, plus mini genie client.

Is there anything I should ask for when calling in on October 2nd?
i would ditch the mini for an h25 or h25, if not an hr24

as for the hr34, if you can get a 44 go for it

Hey guys got the 44 with a receiver swap, the tech swapped out my 34 for the 44, happy now. I like the smaller design.

Is an HR25 an upgrade over the mini genie client? Basically is that considered an upgrade in DTVs eyes?

Reactions: raoul5788
No, you would have to pay for an H25.
You were lucky to get a tech that would swap out the HR34 for an HR44.

No, you would have to pay for an H25.
You were lucky to get a tech that would swap out the HR34 for an HR44.

Yeah very lucky I was. I forgot to ask him, does my 2yr deal get extended with a receiver swap? Or is it only on upgrades? Cause I never signed any papers.

If it's a replacement of faulty equipment, no contract extension....

Update, loving the 44 so far, faster than the 34.

Also got an upgrade for free on my HD receiver to a HD DVR receiver, not sure model number, hopefully newest version.

Now we will have a HR44, HR24, Mini Client, and new HR receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)