email address blocked

Rey

@ your service
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
i receive about 20-30 important emails on one of my email addresses per day. i noticed tuesday after 7pm that no emails were coming in but thought nothing of it. yesterday i realize i hadn't received a single email,so at midnight i was dealing with comcast. apparently they put a block on that address not allowing me to receive email from that account.i could send but not receive. the other two were fine.according to xfinity the reason was amount of spam. there have been times that the spam coming in has been a PITA but it's not like i was getting anymore than 10 a day. even that number has come down. my question is, has anyone here ever gone through something like this? imo it would've been nice to get some kind of notice that they were going to block this email acct. i was expecting important documents from my wife's doctor and other emails related to her disability claim. i filled out a form last night requesting comcast/xfinity remove this block. may take up to 24hrs. i'm still not completely sure what triggered this in the first place in terms of what amount of spam it would take for this to happen.

I have never heard of an inbox being blocked. I have heard of outgoing being blocked if they think you have a virus spamming away from your account.

I have never heard of an inbox being blocked. I have heard of outgoing being blocked if they think you have a virus spamming away from your account.

this is what i thought as well. very strange situation. no fix yet which has me worried what important email i haven't seen.

I bet you're getting a lot more than 10 spams a day on that account, most of it being dropped by their filter which eventually decided that 100% of inbound mail for that account was in fact spam.

Just one of the many reasons I never use the ISP-provided email. Other reasons include: I don't want people to associate me with a specific company; don't want to have to send out "change of address" emails to all my contacts because I decided to change ISPs; I want my own domain, etc.

Yes. Makes no sense to block incoming only. Love to hear their eventual explanation, because so far it ain't firing on all cylinders.

I bet you're getting a lot more than 10 spams a day on that account, most of it being dropped by their filter which eventually decided that 100% of inbound mail for that account was in fact spam.

Just one of the many reasons I never use the ISP-provided email. Other reasons include: I don't want people to associate me with a specific company; don't want to have to send out "change of address" emails to all my contacts because I decided to change ISPs; I want my own domain, etc.

finally the best explanation i've received so far including what i got from the "professionals" at xfinity last night. thanks pepper. i may shoot you a pm in a bit with a question or two.

3 days later and these idiots haven't lifted the block of this address. i just need to see what's there and get rid of this email. moving on to gmail where i've never had issues and may see spam at most 5 times a week.

I hope you hear something soon from them.

well i'm crapping my pants right now. turns out they were wrong all along. there was no block. someone hacked the account and was having all of my email forwarded. so after i fixed that and changed the password, i went to the inbox and this person had his email client remove the messages from the server. i'm very worried what may have come in with sensitive information. and the email address used for forwarding my messages had my initials and birth date in the address. :/

well i'm crapping my pants right now. turns out they were wrong all along. there was no block. someone hacked the account and was having all of my email forwarded. so after i fixed that and changed the password, i went to the inbox and this person had his email client remove the messages from the server. i'm very worried what may have come in with sensitive information. and the email address used for forwarding my messages had my initials and birth date in the address. :/

Bastards!! :rant:

My daughter just had something similar happen to her account, but not on the same scale....

Did they ever tell you it was blocked? because if so that is just plain wrong.
yeah they sure did. even filled out a request to the postmaster to remove the block. i was up until midnight on tuesday with them.

Bastards!! :rant:

My daughter just had something similar happen to her account, but not on the same scale....

not a good feeling for sure. made that password three times as hard to figure out. either way i'm getting rid of that account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)