Email from Amazon about Prime Video

Just finished Reacher Saturday night.

The ads are supposed to start today. Not sure what I might watch next on Prime.

When my ladyfriend signed up for her own Netflix account, instead of using mine, she opted for the ad supported tier. With one exception it really hasn't been too bad. The exception was one episode of, can't recall, showed the same cat related commercial for every break. :eeek Haven't seen that happen again.

There are a few things but don't miss it as much as we though we would.

A few weeks ago when it was REALLY cold, I took advantage of the one week of Prime for $1.99 deal so I could overnight a heated blanket. Even during that one week, that was the only thing I used it for. I do add some items to my cart and will order them once I get to $35. Might be awhile..

Reactions: FTA4PA
A few weeks ago when it was REALLY cold, I took advantage of the one week of Prime for $1.99 deal so I could overnight a heated blanket. Even during that one week, that was the only thing I used it for. I do add some items to my cart and will order them once I get to $35. Might be awhile..

My wife did the $35 order thing. I may miss it more myself come Spring when it is warm enough for working on home/vehicle projects again. Guess I will see! ;)

When my ladyfriend signed up for her own Netflix account, instead of using mine, she opted for the ad supported tier. With one exception it really hasn't been too bad. The exception was one episode of, can't recall, showed the same cat related commercial for every break. :eeek Haven't seen that happen again.
That happens often on PlutoTv and Tubi.

I watched SaltBurn the movie a couple of weeks ago and finished Reacher on Sunday night. I have no reason to watch Amazon now unless Upload or The Boys comes back.

We started watching Reacher season 2 a couple days ago. So far, we've watched 4 episodes. We've seen a short, 15 second pre-roll ad before each episode and exactly 1 other, short ad part way through episode 4, all for Amazon products. It probably will get worse, but it hasn't been all that disruptive so far.

I cancelled my Amazon prime membership. Since you can get free shipping with only $35.00 and we always order once a month more than that and the fact I have seen all the original programming I want to see I cancelled it. So I can save that $139.00 yearly membership. I cancelled Paramount and Netflix is paid for by my cell phone provider. The only video service I pay for now is Disney+ and I might soon drop that one. I already see what these streaming services have in mind now. They are merging back to like they were with cable and hiking their prices each year. I have seen this played out with Satellite and Cable and I don't care to relieve it now. Ota broadcast TV with my ota DVR and some Netflix is all I need to get by. I refuse to keep supporting the beast. If I want some show on one of the streaming services I will buy long enough to binge it for a month then cancel again.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Prime is our anchor service, 150+ orders/year, moved Max to it from YTTV, have Paramount+ only because of the deal they gave me to keep it (and the Super Bowl this weekend). Don't foresee cancelling it, we'll be relying on it's library for the kids' Kindles, access to our 300+ purchased digital items, etc.

Prime is our anchor service, 150+ orders/year, moved Max to it from YTTV, have Paramount+ only because of the deal they gave me to keep it (and the Super Bowl this weekend). Don't foresee cancelling it, we'll be relying on it's library for the kids' Kindles, access to our 300+ purchased digital items, etc.
As I said before, I have it for the shipping, the video is a bonus, even if there was no Prime Video, would still have it.

As as your kids go and P+, looks like they have added tons more Nick content since they shut down the TV everywhere app.

I didn't see any ads on 2 of the 8 Reacher season 2 episodes. I'll keep Prime for other benefits. I might pay the $3 for a month here or there if we find the ads to be bothersome when we are watching something, and there is enough to watch on Prime that month that it is worth it.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
The ads are fine. It's only 15-30 secs at the beginning. Haven't seen any in the middle of any shows so far. Let's hope they keep it that way but I doubt it.
That's not bad at all. If that's what it takes for these companies to keep the price down, while making the service profitable and making quality content, I can handle it.

What I don't like is commercials DURING the shows. Still, it's funny how we've gotten so spoiled on this. TV has 3-4 min of commercials every 5 min, but if they dare do 1 min of commercials every 15 min on streaming, I get so irritated haha.

What I don't like is commercials DURING the shows. Still, it's funny how we've gotten so spoiled on this. TV has 3-4 min of commercials every 5 min, but if they dare do 1 min of commercials every 15 min on streaming, I get so irritated haha.

I don't mind the commercials during the shows, it's the fact that streaming commercials are often the same one over and over again. A three minute break with the same five commercials.