Email from Dish about OTA module

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
What is the meaning of this sort of email ?
Subject: Your returned DISH equipment has been received

DISH <dishnetwork@dishnetworkmail.com>
11:30 AM (21 hours ago)

Account Number:

Dear Hall,

This confirms that we have received the equipment below.

OTA module R5EUBTXXXXXX
If your equipment was returned in multiple boxes, you will receive an additional email when those packages arrive at our facilities.

Please note that charges may be applied to your account if any damage to your equipment due to improper use is discovered during our testing process.

Thank you,

DISH
I did order, and receive, the OTA module for my Hopper a few days ago, but returned nothing. The 722k that the installer took back had the internal OTA module in it but I doubt Dish considers them separate parts. If so, I should be receiving an email telling me that the 722k was also returned.

Looks like the installer parted the OTA module out of the returned receiver, and only sent that back to Dish. He probably kept the receiver for resale or re-lease. That way if the next guy wants an OTA module, the installer sells it and makes yet another profit.

The 722k model receivers didn't have a built in OTA. The MT2 module was probably installed, and I'm guessing that DISH SOP is to pull out the MT2 module and send return them seperately. Nothing to worry about though.

I don't think the MT2 module is leasable, you have to buy it. That mens that the MT2 module belongs to the customer and not Dish. There is no reason to return it.

I didn't buy the module. I upgraded from a 622, which had OTA built-in, and insisted on maintaining that capability. So, they gave one to me. I guess technically I did buy it ... for $0.00.

I got the same OTA return notice for 1 of the 2 OTAs I ordeed and have never returned either. I did have a 722 OTA module in a returned 722 when I changed to Hoppers.

I got that email too, when switching from a 722k with OTA/MT2 card to a Hopper. I wondered the same thing. Now, I have been foiled twice trying to get an OTA tuner for the Hopper. OOS today, too.

Heh, maybe I should have kept it and tried selling it. Used ones have SOLD on eBay for $15-25 (more at the $25 price too). I figured $10-15 was the going rate and not worth my time.

When I upgraded to Hopper I didn't take the OTA module I had in one of the 722ks because I already had another. I received an email as well about it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts