This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Email response from CSN-Chicago

tsduke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Iowa
Thanks for contacting us. It is up to Dish Network to decide to create additional channel space for our HD telecasts. You may want to contact them directly to express your concerns.

If it was only about space I'd think CSN-Chicago would have been one of the first HD RSN's online.

I got a similar reply when I contacted Fox Sports Bay Area a few months back. They basically told me that it was up to Dish Network to add it to their lineup.

I know CSN Chicago is a great channel. It's got a lot of Cubs and White Sox games. I wish Dish Network would get it so you could watch it.

Hopefully Dish Network comes to their senses and adds the channel. Sure it's a 24/7 HD channel but the Chicagoland market is HUGE. Many people are holding off from switching to Dish JUST because CSN HD isn't available.

Maybe they are waiting for the whole HD channel war to get sorted out a bit more, before locking into any provider.

CSN Chicago HD

What does Spring '08 have to do with switching - if they wanted it now, they could have it now on D*.

I believe that you have to live inside D*'s Chicago or Indy spotbeams to get CSN Chicago HD.

BigTimMN nailed it on the head ala
"waiting for the whole HD channel war to get sorted out a bit more".

Also, some people are waiting to see what happens to MLB games in HD on D* next year, as this year it's pretty minimal.

It appears that both services will have a lot of HD channels early next year, but the multiple HBO-HD channels and HD baseball on CONUS would be a big factor here.

I believe that you have to live inside D*'s Chicago or Indy spotbeams to get CSN Chicago HD.

Yep, on a spot beam at the moment but D*'s rumored to be moving all the HD RSN's to CONUS once D10 goes active so all the sports subscriptions will be able to show the available games in HD.