Empty DVR Recording Won't Delete

DustoMan

DustoMan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 9, 2010
Sparta, Wisconsin, United States
Did a box exchange about two weeks ago and I was a little surprised when the thing finally installed the most current software that there was some recordings showing up under the My Recordings area. I would have thought that when units were refurbished that the hard drives would have been scrubbed, but I guess not. Anyway, my problem is that after deleting everything and then importing programing back onto the DVR's drive, I have this empty box with a program named "House" and just some generic guide information. I can't play it and I can't delete it. I want to get rid of it cause it's kinda annoying. DIRT, is there anything I can do?

MattG@DISH

MattG@DISH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 30, 2010
Denver, Colorado
This is the first time I've heard of something being stuck on the hard drive. Have you tried hard resetting, then attempting to delete? Factory defaults would be a good idea if it still won't go away

C

C1vettegirl

Apr 2, 2012
Tennessee
Has anyone found a solution for this? I have the same issue and it is now interfering with recording shows. Have tried a hard reset and restoring factory settings. The video still won't delete.

TheKrell

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
Can you move it out of the way onto an EHD? If so, move it there and use Linux to delete it.

B

Barry Erick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 27, 2004
Dallas
I've gone into edit and check the empty file to delete. Doing it from the main index of what's on the dvr with delete fails in that case but edit has gotten it.

C

C1vettegirl

Apr 2, 2012
Tennessee
Nope, won't let me move it to an EHD. Did discover that if I have no recordings it disappears, but comes back as soon as I record something.

Can you move it out of the way onto an EHD? If so, move it there and use Linux to delete it.

C

C1vettegirl

Apr 2, 2012
Tennessee
When I try that, it doesn't delete the empty recording (even though it is checked), but does delete the "full" recording of whatever show is next to it. If there are no recordings, the empty recording goes away, but as soon as I record something, it comes back empty. Deleted all timers and rebuilt them and the empty recording still returns when I record any show.

I've gone into edit and check the empty file to delete. Doing it from the main index of what's on the dvr with delete fails in that case but edit has gotten it.