Empty DVR Recording Won't Delete

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DustoMan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 9, 2010
Sparta, Wisconsin, United States
Did a box exchange about two weeks ago and I was a little surprised when the thing finally installed the most current software that there was some recordings showing up under the My Recordings area. I would have thought that when units were refurbished that the hard drives would have been scrubbed, but I guess not. Anyway, my problem is that after deleting everything and then importing programing back onto the DVR's drive, I have this empty box with a program named "House" and just some generic guide information. I can't play it and I can't delete it. I want to get rid of it cause it's kinda annoying. DIRT, is there anything I can do?

This is the first time I've heard of something being stuck on the hard drive. Have you tried hard resetting, then attempting to delete? Factory defaults would be a good idea if it still won't go away

Has anyone found a solution for this? I have the same issue and it is now interfering with recording shows. Have tried a hard reset and restoring factory settings. The video still won't delete.

Can you move it out of the way onto an EHD? If so, move it there and use Linux to delete it.

I've gone into edit and check the empty file to delete. Doing it from the main index of what's on the dvr with delete fails in that case but edit has gotten it.

When I try that, it doesn't delete the empty recording (even though it is checked), but does delete the "full" recording of whatever show is next to it. If there are no recordings, the empty recording goes away, but as soon as I record something, it comes back empty. Deleted all timers and rebuilt them and the empty recording still returns when I record any show.

I've gone into edit and check the empty file to delete. Doing it from the main index of what's on the dvr with delete fails in that case but edit has gotten it.