Encore and HBO only

I was thinking of the mix & match option with the (HD stand alone pak down the road), I'm not crazy about the top 200 I subscribe to now.

I am pretty doubtful you could do that. I know that many of us would prefer to dump the majority of SD channels, but they dont' let us go a la carte. They don't make enough money that way.

You can go with just encore and Hbo. You will pay the no basic pack fee of 6.00 on top of what ever kind of lease fee or what kind of dvr you have. If you have a 622 and You own it , then you will pay 6.00 no basic fee and 6.00 hd enabeling fee too. IF you have a sd recevier that you own then it will just be no basic pack fee of 6.00. I have a 501 dvr on my 3rd account and all we sub to is the Little Rock locals + Encore pack for 4.99 a month. So the bill is 6.00 no basic pack fee + locals for 5.99 + encore for 4.99 = 16.98.

You can go with just encore and Hbo. You will pay the no basic pack fee of 6.00 on top of what ever kind of lease fee or what kind of dvr you have. If you have a 622 and You own it , then you will pay 6.00 no basic fee and 6.00 hd enabeling fee too. IF you have a sd recevier that you own then it will just be no basic pack fee of 6.00. I have a 501 dvr on my 3rd account and all we sub to is the Little Rock locals + Encore pack for 4.99 a month. So the bill is 6.00 no basic pack fee + locals for 5.99 + encore for 4.99 = 16.98.

I own both my recievers an 811 & Dishplayer7100 I'm paying $66.00 a mo with top 200+HBO and watch HBO more than anything cause of the HD channel.

You could get the Hbo pack by itself and still receive the HBO hd channel too , like I said above paying the no basic pack fee for 6.00 and the dvr fee if any on the 7100 receiver. I can't believe anyone still has a 7100 dvr. I had nightmares with that receiver and almost gave up on Dish entirely on that one. I paid to ship and replace about 4 of them before I gave up and went with a 501 receiver that replaced it.

The Encore channels might be a better deal than both Showtime/HBO. Sometimes the picture seems overly dark... but a large variety of good movies in SD is better than mostly average ones in HD. Of course it all depends on viewing habits and what people tend to watch month by month. HBO does have its original programming in its favor. But that alone isnt worth the $15 a month.

The Encore channels might be a better deal than both Showtime/HBO. Sometimes the picture seems overly dark... but a large variety of good movies in SD is better than mostly average ones in HD. Of course it all depends on viewing habits and what people tend to watch month by month. HBO does have its original programming in its favor. But that alone isnt worth the $15 a month.

Why is it that Dish has always charged more for HBO than Directv?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)