Encore channels

Does anyone know if and when Dish will transmit all the various Encore channels in HD? Thanks.
The Encore channels are from Starz. Most of the movies on them are old and usually adjustment of your screen to Zoom. I don't believe they can be in HD.
However you could simply shoot a email to Starz or of course Dish.
Hopefully someone with more info on this could contact you in this forum. You could post another heading such as " Are Encore channels available in HD?

I think Starz! Encore Westerns HD and Starz! Encore Suspense HD would be nice additions, but I believe only 4 Starz! Encore channels are actually broadcasting in HD right now (though I'm not sure the resolution and how much is just SD upgraded): Starz! Encore Action HD (looks good on DirecTV), Starz! Encore Black HD, Starz! Encore Classic HD, and Starz! Encore Suspense HD.

The others (Starz! Encore Espanol HD, Starz! Encore Family HD, and Starz! Encore Westerns HD) are supposedly launching in HD eventually, but I don't know anything beyond that.

Reactions: vcsatellite
I've had Encore East & West, Action, Black, Classic and Suspense in HD on cable for years. The quality is generally very good and definitely worth having.

I've had Encore East & West, Action, Black, Classic and Suspense in HD on cable for years. The quality is generally very good and definitely worth having.
wouldnt be nice to have these channels added in hd to our lineup i think dish should think about going all hd real soon isnt sd done and over with by now.and arent we suppose to get the rest of the viacom channels added in hd also,

A disappointing discovery when I recently switched from DirecTV where all the Encore channels are HD.
i think that there are 4 or 5 encore channels that are not in hd two starz channels not in hd 1 hbo channel not in hd, 4 cinemax not in hd, 2 TMC channel not in hd.movieplex not in hd

With the rebranding of Encore to Starz Encore, there are (and really has been) two redundancies. The Black themed channels, and the family themed channels. Starz in Black and Starz Encore Black, and Starz Kids & Family and Starz Encore Family. They should really think of rebranding one in each pair.

I didn't realize that until you said something. Starz! seems like the more established brand over Encore, so I wouldn't be surprised if they changed Starz! Encore Black and Starz! Encore Family eventually. I wouldn't mind seeing a documentary, horror, or even a sports-movie theme for one of them.

I didn't realize that until you said something. Starz! seems like the more established brand over Encore, so I wouldn't be surprised if they changed Starz! Encore Black and Starz! Encore Family eventually. I wouldn't mind seeing a documentary, horror, or even a sports-movie theme for one of them.

Really? I thought Encore was around long before Starz.

I may be wrong but Encore has been around since April of 91. If memory serves me correct it was based on the concept of movies from 60's, 70's and 80's. It started out very similar to what the old Starion Theatre from United Video that served the c-band market back in the late 80's til around 90.

Yep, Encore started on 4/1/91, while Starz started on 2/1/94. Then after 7/1/94, they started launching the other 6 Encore "thematics".
Both were started out being owned by a joint venture between TCI cable & Liberty Media, which is why they got first carriage on TCI cable systems, as well as on consumer C-band prog packages via Netlink Satellite prog, which was also owned by TCI.

In the end, it doesn't matter the Encore came before, and actually started, Starz. Starz was the name of Encore 8 when the theme channels were launched. That was 1994. In 2016, Starz is the dominant network over Encore, hence Encore now rebranded as Starz Encore instead of Starz being subtitled Encore 8, as it was.

Going back to Comcast Orgre's response to my post, it would make sense that Starz Encore Black and Starz Encore Family get the overhaul over the stronger Starz in Black and Starz Kids and Family.

But, let's be honest. Should Showtime buy Starz, the Encore suite, along with The Movie Channel and Movieplex will probably be shut down, leaving Showtime, Starz (as the Cinemax like B-Network to Showtime's A-Network), and the stand alone Flix as a classic movie channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)