Encountered "Blackout" - Well After Game Was Underway

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

eacalhoun

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Morganton, NC
My wife was watching a Womens' NCAA basketball game last night which began at 7pm EDT on one of the ESPN-A channels. It was between Tennessee and I forget the other team -- I'm not a huge sports fan. Anyway, at around 7:23pm (it was NOT at the top or bottom of the hour) the channel just switched to an adjacent ESPN-A channel. When she pulled up the guide to go back to the Tennessee game she got the "blacked out" message. The game had already been going several minutes and my wife had already gotten involved. I hate the blackouts, but I reluctantly understand why and how they work. But, they shouldn't "throw the switch" after viewers have already gotten involved -- it should have been blacked out starting at 7pm. Was someone at DISH alseep at the switch?

My wife was watching a Womens' NCAA basketball game last night which began at 7pm EDT on one of the ESPN-A channels. It was between Tennessee and I forget the other team -- I'm not a huge sports fan. Anyway, at around 7:23pm (it was NOT at the top or bottom of the hour) the channel just switched to an adjacent ESPN-A channel. When she pulled up the guide to go back to the Tennessee game she got the "blacked out" message. The game had already been going several minutes and my wife had already gotten involved. I hate the blackouts, but I reluctantly understand why and how they work. But, they shouldn't "throw the switch" after viewers have already gotten involved -- it should have been blacked out starting at 7pm. Was someone at DISH asleep at the switch?

I thought they were always asleep at the switch at Dish, aren't they? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)