End of Android in the US?

Well Apple got the judge upset DailyTech - Apple Inserts Foot in Mouth, is Blasted for Complaining About U.S. Victory

But much like Napoleon's bold invasion of Moscow, followed by a ruinous retreat, Apple may have made a fatal miscalculation in angering Judge Posner who once appeared to be on its side. Judge Posner called Apple's filing "troubling" and writes [PDF]:

Apple presumably spent a nontrivial amount of time drafting its order, and now I have done the same in responding to it. Yet it seems that Apple brought about this expenditure of scarce resources without first making a careful reading of the page or so of my order against which this motion is launched. Such inconsiderate sloppiness is unprofessional and unacceptable.

I wonder if Apple refuses to license the patent what would happen? Would they get treated like a monopoly and the feds try to force licensing some way?

Doubt it. Don't forget who sits on the BOD at Apple. Al Gore. Nothing like having a former Vice President on your BOD who can lobby on your behalf if necessary.

apple clearly illustrates communist corporate tendancies even in the way their devices are so restricted. i switched to android and like it better....i cannot download a third party app from a website on an iphone. i can on a droid.

even my jb iphone still has restrictions.

This will not be the end of Android. They will continue to fight or be forced to pay fees to Apple. I see Apple being forced to sell the rights to use it if it comes down to it so they it doesn't stagnate inventions.

Doubt it. Don't forget who sits on the BOD at Apple. Al Gore. Nothing like having a former Vice President on your BOD who can lobby on your behalf if necessary.

OF course he is also a Sr. Adviser to google.

What will Apple "invent" next?

Good interview about AT&T's LTE Advanced deployment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)