End of Life Receivers

It really sounds like you need to find a new livelihood expander. Nearly all of your posts are so negative that you seem outraged at everything. If you don't try something new you won't need to for long because you will stress yourself to death....

The job pays very good, its more so a trap job cause of that. I enjoy the work just can't stand the level of stupid that comes from my office and how Dish just doesn't appreciate its techs. Hard to find good paying jobs like this one where I live so again I'm rather stuck for now, if I could find something that was close to equal I would have gone to it a long time ago.

However, that won't stop me from venting which keeps me from rage quitting.

Is my dual tuner 322 SD receiver losing support soon?

Its not on the list ;)
There are some ancient receivers out there that Dish will totally deactivate by Feb 1, swapping them out for the 211K.

Models are 111, 1000, 1500, 3000, 3500, 4000 & 4500.

The 322 can do 8PSK which dish is switching to on WA

There are some ancient receivers out there that Dish will totally deactivate by Feb 1, swapping them out for the 211K.

Models are 111, 1000, 1500, 3000, 3500, 4000 & 4500.

The 322 can do 8PSK which dish is switching to on WA

My unactivated 111 is 8PSK too, yet it's on the chopping block. I wonder if I can activate it now and get a 211K for free?

My unactivated 111 is 8PSK too, yet it's on the chopping block. I wonder if I can activate it now and get a 211K for free?

They probably don't want to bother with software support on the 111 anymore. You should try that out, would be interesting to see the results ;) . Does it have the purple smart card?

About 30%.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I just did a quick count using "The List" at the top, and on Satellites 110 and 119, there about 28 transponders that are QPSK with national SD channels. Once all those are converted to 8PSK, that would mean they could fit more SD channels per transponder. And if they reclaim about 30%, does that mean they basically have freed up 8 transponders that they could use for other purposes, maybe more room for national HD channels? Or is there more to it than I am thinking of?

Here is the official notice going out to retailers.. (Wonder if Goaliebob typed it... notice the Eastern ARCH) :D

The quality of DISH receivers is unsurpassed in the industry. The evidence of this fact is that many of our early generation receivers are still active in the field. There does come a time to retire this equipment due to either hardware or software limitations that prevent us from continuing to support these older models.
As of February 1, 2014 DISH will End of Life (EOL) the following receiver models: 111, 1000, 1500, 3000, 3500, 4000 & 4500. As of this date, DISH will no longer activate any EOL model. Also, any active EOL model still on an account on this date will be deactivated. The approved replacement model is the 211k. Using this model serves several purposes.

1. Single tuner receiver that is compatible with the legacy LNBs.
2. HD capable
3. MPEG4, which is compatible with both Eastern and Western arch installs.

Probably more 301s out than any other EOL box.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Problem with them swapping out all these old 301's and others with 211's is for a tech it eats at you for connectivity percentages and ability as you can't use Wifi adapters on them and unless you get a direct cat5 cable or use a sling link (which requires often times bypassing a surge strip you are trying to sell them for SHS) then you don't get connectivity and it goes against you.

IMO they should call these people, ask them what the check switch screen shows and it it shows DP on the screen then just setup a RA for them to connect it themselves rather than even send a tech out unless a RA Assist is needed later on.

I thought the 501/508 got shut off and you got a 512?

edit: looked thru old threads...they are replacing them as they crap out...like the 301's

I thought the 501/508 got shut off and you got a 512? edit: looked thru old threads...they are replacing them as they crap out...like the 301's

My 501 is currently activated with no issues. It is interesting to learn if it was suppose to be replaced

I thought the 501/508 got shut off and you got a 512?

edit: looked thru old threads...they are replacing them as they crap out...like the 301's

They called me and offered an upgrade of our 501,to a 512,but there was a 12 month commitment involved,I said no thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)