End of Life Receivers

what dish/switch setup do I need?
I am in Buffalo area, presently I have a dish500 setup and have had it
for almost 15 years.
Currently, you're getting your locals from 110 W according to here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dnall&sub=true&market=Buffalo, NY
Dish probably wants to move your locals, (as well as all the other east coast markets) to 61.5 W (where the HD locals are at as well). For that to happen they would have to replace your dish setup to Eastern Arc which is 61.5 W, 72.7 W, and 77 W. Dish will do that and replace your 3900 receiver free of charge.

Reactions: TheKrell
I am in Buffalo. I really don't want another dish on my apartment.
I have a new 512 receiver I got for Christmas last year. Would I be able to use that?

Trying to ask dish questions is like pulling teeth!
With an apartment you could have a line of sight issue if moved to Eastern Arc.

So I have a 3900 that Dish has contacted me about replacing, and was wondering what I can expect to get in exchange for it? I would like to get a 211 that allows me to connect an EHD for DVR. (I'm fine with paying the $40 fee to activate DVR.) It would also be nice to either have OTA capability or at least be able to add an OTA module. What is the best way to handle this? Can I do this through DIRT on SatelliteGuys?

So I have a 3900 that Dish has contacted me about replacing, and was wondering what I can expect to get in exchange for it? I would like to get a 211 that allows me to connect an EHD for DVR. (I'm fine with paying the $40 fee to activate DVR.) It would also be nice to either have OTA capability or at least be able to add an OTA module. What is the best way to handle this? Can I do this through DIRT on SatelliteGuys?
Contact DIRT their names are in red.

For that to happen they would have to replace your dish setup to Eastern Arc which is 61.5 W, 72.7 W, and 77 W.

From what it looks like, my locals are on both 61.5 and 110. I don't need HD

so can I just keep the existing 119/110 dish 500 setup?

I tried calling dish today, got their tech support. It is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get a straight answer from their "Tech" guys.

Basically if I am not interested in HD,
will I lose any channels if I just keep the same dish with a new SD receiver?

I hope someone here can answer my question.

Thanks

The simple answer is, maybe. Just because you can see your channels on both arcs today doesn't mean that they will not take down the other arc tomorrow. If you refuse today to do as they ask, they might not change it out for free later when you lose your locals. It's not a big deal and will probably take less than an hour to get yourself set for years...

Reactions: navychop
From what it looks like, my locals are on both 61.5 and 110. I don't need HD

so can I just keep the existing 119/110 dish 500 setup?

I tried calling dish today, got their tech support. It is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get a straight answer from their "Tech" guys.

Basically if I am not interested in HD,
will I lose any channels if I just keep the same dish with a new SD receiver?

I hope someone here can answer my question.

Thanks
Dish could be in the process of moving your locals to 61.5 only. If this is the case, you will HAVE to get a HD receiver, as 61.5 is MPEG-4 only. Now, since the 211 has composite (RCA) and S-Video out, you can connect to a older, SD only TV set fine, you will continue to have access to the same programming you have today.

Or, staring into a campfire is entertaining- no need for a television machine. But- it'll be in HD.

Finally the dish network has come back,oh wait wrong catch phrase.Got a card in the mail today that our old legacy receivers will need to be replaced.Gonna push for 211 instead sd receiver though.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: TheKrell
I very much enjoyed my two ViP722s. But I must admit, the HWS is MUCH nicer. But, we don't all need the extra bells and whistles. Unless you live in Fairfax, where I'm working to make it a law! ;) :oldwink

I should look into swapping up to a 722k. My 622 is awfully long-in-the-tooth, to be sure. Is the 722k IR and RF or just RF from the remote? I have a programmable remote I use for 7 different things, including my 622 and TV, but it's IR only...
Both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)