Status
Not open for further replies.

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
wondering if anyone had an opionion on the two following energy drinks. these two are available at sam's club.

monters low carb and red bull sugar free.

24 monters are around 28 bcks and they are 16 ounces.

24 red bull are around 32 bcks and are 8 ounces.

anyone have a preference besides the monster being twice as big? pros and cons?

I do take Red Bull sometimes when I have to work late and need concentration. Works better than coffee for me. (Haven't tried the sugar-free version yet though.)

I think just a few weeks ago the consumer research lab (or something like that) debunked these items claims and as the post above me adds, when you factor costs; WOW!

Orange Juice and a multi-vitamin! Mix in a Propel or Gatorade every now and then; much better for you and much, much cheaper. BUT without all the fad or being hip.

Last edited:
I haven't read that article, but I know Red Bull works for me very well. I don't think orange juice with multi-vitamin would keep my brain going till 4am. Red Bull does. In the past I would use coffee for that purpose, but Red Bull seems to be more effective: in addition to keeping me awake (with Caffeine) it also reduces stress (probably due to Taurine) which helps concentration.

The price is a bit high, but for me this is not an issue, as I only consume no more than 4 cans a month when really needed. I don't drink it on a daily basis. (And that's why I don't buy it in Sam's Club! ;))

I first tried a Red Bull at Hooters. The Red Bull made my stomach ache very badly then one of the hooter girls help to get my strengh back.

So if I drink a Red Bull I can get a Hooter's girl to.......

I started drinking the one from mountain dew two weeks before my doc had me stop all caffeine intake. When I told him I was drinking the "energy drink" he said it was nothing more than a extra caffeinated mountain dew with some stuff added to make it sound healthy, but it was not good for you in any way. He advised people getting caffeine through healthier ways like Excedrin pain killers since the aspirin is good for your heart anyway.

As I get older and experience more and more cases of medical malpractice and incompetence, I have to question all these doctors and how they work. Today, it appears they are nothing more than shills for the pharmaceutical business. Drug pushers for short.

I finally got my wife off all the drugs, prescription drugs, she was on and onto healthier diet with herbal suplements. After one month off all the prescription drugs, she has more energy, losing weight, lowering her ever increasing cholesterol, and lowering her Blood Pressure, finally. She also has observed a better memory recall and no longer suffers from night sweats. Essentially all her bad side effects of these meds are gone and with the right blend of herbal medicine has begun to actually get the problem areas under control. I began a self prescribed Herbal regieme about 11 month ago and without changing anything else, I have lowerd MY LDL cholesterol 90 points, dropped 22 pounds in weight, and dropped my BP from 135/90 to 116/68. A month ago I returned to my free weight exercise and do about 10 miles a week of power walking on a treadmill. Prior I never had the energy to do that. Years ago I was very active as a scuba instructor and deep cave explorer. When I retired from that I quit all exercise and went on a decade of relaxation. It took it's toll on my health.

I like Red BUll and have consumed that when I travel and go from my normal sedintary work at home to a field job where I'm working physically long hours. The Red Bull is a good pick -me-up about mid afternoon and lets me continue to be alert into the evening. Caffeine? I drink all caffein free and never drank coffee except as a therapeutic for a sore thraot coming on. That means the last time I drank coffee was about 3 years ago as I just don't get colds- ever!

If it wasn't for the fact my wife has to take insulin for her diabetes, this household would be prescription drug free.

Don Landis said:
As I get older and experience more and more cases of medical malpractice and incompetence, I have to question all these doctors and how they work. Today, it appears they are nothing more than shills for the pharmaceutical business. Drug pushers for short.

I finally got my wife off all the drugs, prescription drugs, she was on and onto healthier diet with herbal suplements. After one month off all the prescription drugs, she has more energy, losing weight, lowering her ever increasing cholesterol, and lowering her Blood Pressure, finally. She also has observed a better memory recall and no longer suffers from night sweats. Essentially all her bad side effects of these meds are gone and with the right blend of herbal medicine has begun to actually get the problem areas under control. I began a self prescribed Herbal regieme about 11 month ago and without changing anything else, I have lowerd MY LDL cholesterol 90 points, dropped 22 pounds in weight, and dropped my BP from 135/90 to 116/68. A month ago I returned to my free weight exercise and do about 10 miles a week of power walking on a treadmill. Prior I never had the energy to do that. Years ago I was very active as a scuba instructor and deep cave explorer. When I retired from that I quit all exercise and went on a decade of relaxation. It took it's toll on my health.

I like Red BUll and have consumed that when I travel and go from my normal sedintary work at home to a field job where I'm working physically long hours. The Red Bull is a good pick -me-up about mid afternoon and lets me continue to be alert into the evening. Caffeine? I drink all caffein free and never drank coffee except as a therapeutic for a sore thraot coming on. That means the last time I drank coffee was about 3 years ago as I just don't get colds- ever!
Ironically, the Red Bulls you drink are the antithesis of the otherwise healthy lifestyle you enjoy and espouse. Keep it up! (But, 86 the Red Bulls.)

I don't know about anyone else here, but energy drinks !@#$ up my stomach big time, they give me massive sheets for days after drinking them, so to that energy drinks are pure evil!

Its a shame to hear people with NO medical training tyring to put peoples lives at risk. I was suicidal DAILY until I found the right combo of meds. Herbal supplements are NOT TESTED by the FDA so they can make any claim they want, and have a HUGE tolerance of ingredients (even worse than generic band RX meds).

These supplements can interact in a negative way with even the most basic RX you maybe given in case of an emergency.

Since finding the right balance of meds, I feel less pain daily and my mood swings are in check, and my depression is gone 90% of the time. My cholesterol is 170, my BP is in the low range, My sugar has dropped, and I have lost 50 LBS. I have removed 100% of Caffeine from my diet (it is more dangerous and addictive than any med I take).

So don't act like RX meds are evil and herbal life ETC is the miracle cure of the century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)